Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Calais 6.0l b pillar replacement cost

AlexHK/VZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
HK brougham
Main reason I want to keep is the amount of 6.0L VZ Calais that we’re manufactured and being hbd, sunroof.. there, only one other in the black and that is in Sydney. I’d just spent a lot on the trans, motor and diff.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
Main reason I want to keep is the amount of 6.0L VZ Calais that we’re manufactured and being hbd, sunroof.. there, only one other in the black and that is in Sydney. I’d just spent a lot on the trans, motor and diff.

Ive been in smash repair for 15 years and painted thousands of cars. Ill put the final nail in the coffin for you. That car is toast, the quarter panel needs to be replaced and that A-pillar is also smashed in. Strip what you need off it and send it off to the recyclers. A shop would charge you 10-15k to fix that damage. Get a clean shell and swap all your stuff over. If your dead set on a black calais with a sunroof, cut the roof off your wreck and have the roof skins swapped over. will probably cost a couple of grand to do but its a hell of a lot less money than fixing that cluster fk you posted pics of. Hope this helps...

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
I really think you have to let this one go.

But since you will strip the car anyway, then you can start by taking the doors off. Take the seats out. Remove the carpet and headliner and interior mouldings, so you can see the shell.

From all the custom workshop vids I have seen, you will do something like..

Cover up (protect) the centre tunnel where the gear lever is. Also cover the dash and cluster and steering wheel.

Now you can see what you have to work with.

Take measurements around b pillar and compare with the other side of the car. See how much you have to adjust.

The shell (roof to floor) has to be braced by tack welding rebar before you cut the b pillar out. Then cut it out and cut an identical straight section from another shell. Make adjustments to your shell to fit the new b pillar in place.

I suspect that you will give up before this point or you might get the b pillar tacked inplace and find the doors don't fit.

So just keep stripping the car and use those parts to fix up another Commodore, well you tried and did what was best.

Measure twice and cut once.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
There are vz’s with sunroof’s all over the place. Buy a v6 one for under 5K, sell the v6 stuff and put all your v8 gear into it. To have a sunroof fitted you’re generally looking at around $2k supply and fit.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
the resale value of a repairable write off, its just not worth it to fix with that amount of damage

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Hbd is nothing special. Plenty of hbd’s go through wreckers like pick a part. Just means that the car was fitted with optional extras like a sunroof.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
i forgot to ask.. is it insured

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
How much are you willing to spend to have it repaired?