Hey fellas, Throwing a thread together about my progress on LS swapping my VZ Calais. Long term hoping to run a LS3, short term running LS1. Follow me on Instagram @gmhvz_build Originally I had the 190kw Alloytec, the vehicle ran well for a couple years until I cracked the radiator and the vehicle overheated. I pressure tested the system, found the thermostat housing was leaking. I removed the Plenum and manifold where I found it had burnt a number of valves. I lost a lot of interest in the car at this point. The car was parked up for a couple of weeks until I decided to pull the engine and gearbox. Since then the car sat for over a year. Recently I found a wrecked VZ calais with LS1. The vehicle starts, runs and drives. The Calais cost $3000, more than i was hoping but it is the perfect donor. The vehicle was in Melbourne, Im located North of Adelaide. The trip was 19 hours return. The vehicle had been stripped but still started and drove. This is the new donor vehicle. The plans are to complete strip this vehicle and convert it over to the Original Calais. The dash was stripped and then removed. The wiring harness was removed from the dash frame. Currently my next challenge is to remove the whole loom from the interior. The fuse box has to be manipulated through the small opening on the firewall. I removed all the wiring from the engine bay, the loom connected to the engine loom though the positive battery terminal. The rest of the dash loom ran to the head lights, front horns and bonnet release switch though the radiator support. The moulded trim around the strut tower was removed, the fuses and relays were removed from the fuse box. This loom and fuse box was fed though the firewall opening and the entire loom removed from the vehicle. Up next, Engine and gear box to come out. I cut the upper and lower radiator support panel out. I didn't need to but it just gives me some more room. This way i can remove the engine and Trans together without having the crane hit the roof.