Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ calais Audio

Grantcore

Reaction score
Members Ride
00 Lanos
theft is a good point, 2 out of 3 cars stolen, i dont wana add to the steal me effect. and yeah the more ive thought about it the weight and size of the subs would render it quite the mission to install in the parcel shelf.
and i understand what you mean about the eliminate the rattle but are you saying dont bother with dynamatt? or use the dynamatt in these problem areas?

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Dynamatt is used to do the following:

* Reduce or eliminate road noise, if youve ever noticed how loud a system is when you parked.......then you go for a drive and at 80-100km/h it dosent sound anywhere near as good (mainly bass response)? This is because of road noise. Once youve dynamatted the doors and the roof / floor, you'll notice driving is much quieter and youre system dosent have to work so hard to be loud.
* Stop panels from resonating, this means when a speaker / subwoofer is turned up, the panel its mounted on and the surrounding panels start to vibrate, this reduces the amount of bass as its "soaking" up the energy emitted by the speaker / subwoofer. Once again it results in the speakers / subwoofers not having to work as hard to be loud.

Hope that makes sense. With the combination of sound deadening and some rattle investigating you'll wonder why you didnt do this as the first step ;) Most people dont because its not a big, heavy and flashy subwoofer / speaker and therefore dont understand how its going to give them more bass, haha.