Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Calais [Black Edition]

S

StealthCalais

2005 VZ Calais

Colour: Phantom Black
Engine: Alloytec 190 V6
Gearbox: 5 Speed Auto
Suspension: Standard
Exhaust: Standard
Stereo: Calais 'Premium' Factory System

Current Mods:
- 6000K HID's (Low Beam & High Beam)
- Ultra White SMD LED's (Fog Lights, Parker Lights, Interior Lights, Number Plate Lights, LED strips)
- 19" Black Speedy Cheetah's
- 35% Tint
- iPod/AUX Input
- Contrasting Black Floormats
- Dual Exhaust Tip

Future Mods:
- Darker Tint
- Stereo Upgrade

Pictures from when I bought it stock. See other pages for recent pictures

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    364 KB · Views: 2,177
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    390.2 KB · Views: 13,661
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    349 KB · Views: 3,313
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    414.6 KB · Views: 1,527
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    340.9 KB · Views: 12,655
  • 012 - Copy.JPG
    012 - Copy.JPG
    391.6 KB · Views: 1,820
Last edited by a moderator:

baracuda

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
nice car mate, love the black

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
nice car, love the colour,
that car has the best interior,

i rekon the interior wil be set of if you got all the lights in the dash and centre console changed to blue or red from ugly green, i know im getting it done, i think you have to get someone to do it, look up a guy on here called Phreddy.

also definately get 20's, look up Verde Kaos rims, i rekon they would look killer on your car.

Trevor 062

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE S2 SSV REDLINE & 07 VZ ACCLAIM WAGON
she looks mint

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
If i didnt buy the SV6, i would have bought a VZ Calais. As those pics tell u y:yeah:

Fishman88

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais 190KW A5 CHE TUNED
Very Nice buy i wanted a blak one looks sleeeek!!! Yes please put 19" Blak wit chromee lip rimz get a staggered size if u can u will love lookin at the fat tyres on da rear!! have a look at my ride on the link .Wit tints i went 5% had no issues so far wit cops beeen pulled over many times they said notin bout tint . I have 5% and loving it nice n dark keeps ur leather safer hahaha. Is this V6 or v8?

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
That is the best car holden has ever designed imo and the black just makes it perfect. Having said that, some new rims are needed. I'd stick with some genuine GMH rims or some black with chrome lip.

S

StealthCalais

nice car, love the colour,
that car has the best interior,

i rekon the interior wil be set of if you got all the lights in the dash and centre console changed to blue or red from ugly green, i know im getting it done, i think you have to get someone to do it, look up a guy on here called Phreddy.

also definately get 20's, look up Verde Kaos rims, i rekon they would look killer on your car.

Yeah I have seen those blue set-up's, they look fantastic! Though I wouldn't really have the time or experience to do it im afraid, I doubt a place like autobarn do it? I checked out those Verde's they look amazing! Just the style i was after. I was thinking 19"s how expensive are the tyres for the 20's/19's?

Very Nice buy i wanted a blak one looks sleeeek!!! Yes please put 19" Blak wit chromee lip rimz get a staggered size if u can u will love lookin at the fat tyres on da rear!! have a look at my ride on the link .Wit tints i went 5% had no issues so far wit cops beeen pulled over many times they said notin bout tint . I have 5% and loving it nice n dark keeps ur leather safer hahaha. Is this V6 or v8?

Im assuming staggered means a wider tyre on the back? What are the advantages of this besides the looks! 5% would be awesome, but ive heard its difficult to see out of.

Also, being 19 and on P-plates (soon to transfer to QLD licence so thatll make things better!) I think im just asking for trouble with the 5% so I was looking towards 20% or 35%

That is the best car holden has ever designed imo and the black just makes it perfect. Having said that, some new rims are needed. I'd stick with some genuine GMH rims or some black with chrome lip.

Yeah I just love every bit of it! But as you said, new wheels would complete it. I have seen some great GMH wheels but not sure on how much they are.

Thanks for the great feedback! Any other ideas or comments would be greatly appreciated. Might seem like a bizzarre choice for a 19 y.o. but its definately my style, plan to look after her as best I can as its the first car ive ever bought!

MikesCalais

Trust me, I'm a Doctor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International
Clearly a super sexy car.

Black + Bone interior... could there be a better combo? no.

Good to see another calais :D Personally I would keep it stock, but thats only because I love the look of Calais' as they are, but thats just me being an old fart :p