Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Calais factory options

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
yeah i always thought it was colour specific on the outside as to whether or not you could go for the bone leather.

Berlinarator

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS-Z
Like i said before, I've been looking for a while. It's almost impossible to find a white calais with the bone interior (out of the hundreds i've seen on carsales, i've come across one - it had about 130k on it though). White looks really classy, though you'd have to live with the black interior unless you were REALLY lucky.

As hingo said before, one did sell in Canberra on the weekend. I went to look at it in Phillip on Saturday, but i was too late. It was silver with HBD sunroof. The salesman told me a guy from Perth bought it, just paid for it and asked them to send it over on a truck. He didn't even look at it, was very tidy though. I had a good look over it. Had about 75k with the 5.7L engine. It was only on carsales for a couple of days, that's how the bloke bought it.

When i was looking for a Mazda 6, there was only one that met all my criteria. I had to go to Shepparton to get it - even though it's a nuicance to change over the rego etc. I would have been disappointed if i'd settled for something less.

I've got my name down at a few dealers in Canberra if they manage to come across one. I might suggest doing the same - as well as all the options everyone else has supplied you with.

hingo1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
I looked at both VE and VZ. There was only about a $5000 difference. The VZ is a much better looking car in my opinion. The VZ has nice sport skirts and better wheels where the VE to me didn't look all that special on the outside. It doesn't get the skirting and is too easy to confuse with an Omega or Berlina. I have also compared the interiors and the VE's leather looks a bit hard.

On another note, I was parked at a Motel in Wollongong a couple of weeks ago and a VE Calais parked next to my car. I was packing stuff into my car when the owner came out, opened his door directly into my drivers door and put a nice big scratch on it then drove away thinking I didn't notice. When I put my arms in the air in a "what the ****?" manner, he stopped and apologised. Some people just don't give a ****.

GTRwilson

sell me your VY sigs!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
thanks for the input guys.

andy, as for a ve, hingo said it all in this first paragraph. Prefer VZ in probably every way. I like Ve's but i like the VZ's more. Only thing better about the VE is the extra bit of power, but that can be fixed in the VZ :p

GTRwilson

sell me your VY sigs!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
OK a bit of an update on my situation.

Ive found a Calais for sale in QLD with the bone leather, one of only 3 in Aus that i could find!

its $23,800, '04 model, blue, 75,000kms. Does this price sound reasonable for the year/Kms?

Im a little pissed its blue though, but oh well. Im hoping for a decent trade in on my SV6, so ill wait and see what they say.

EDIT

OVERNIGHT PRICE DROPEED FROM $23,800 to $22,990. :D

Last edited: