Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Calais factory options

GTRwilson

sell me your VY sigs!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Im looking for a VZ calais and im very picky. Just wondering, were all models available with the factory sunroof and the two tone leather? Or were they only available on later models or V8 only ect? Reason im asking is because i cant find a single one for sale that has both of these.(actually cant even find a single car with the interior!)

interiorzjx.jpg

(sunroof pic a bit crappy, only one i could find)
sunroof.jpg

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
Well I cant help you with the sunroof but I have 2 tone leather and carpet in my Calais and its the V6.
Sunroof was just an extra not a no cost option so its going be alot harder to find one with two tone and sunroof.

GTRwilson

sell me your VY sigs!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
I see you have an '04 model too. Meaning that the interior is not year model specific, this is good news lol.

Was yours hard to find? did you look out for one, or was it just lucky with the one you bought?

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
Well my car buying is not what you would call methodical.
I saw it at the same dealership that my Mother had to take her car, drove it and bought it.
I don't tend too look for cars they tend to find me.
I think black was more popular as it is a bit easier to look after so getting a shale interior might be a bit harder, I wold honestly get a sunroof put in if you find one with the shale, chances of finding one is very slim.

GTRwilson

sell me your VY sigs!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
so are the calais' identical to the SV6's performance wise?

Berlinarator

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS-Z
I've got a Mazda 6 Luxury Sports with a factory sunroof - for me the novelty of a sunroof wore off pretty quick. These days the sunroof might get opened every 2 - 3 months if that. I'm actually looking at buying a VZ Calais as well, and I'm waiting for a bone leather interior. As said above, if you really want one with a sunroof, you might want to look into installing an aftermarket one as it's not likely that you'll find one with that combination (speaking from my travels) - that's not to say they're not out there though...

*EDIT* By the way, the sunroof was a HBD option - i'm unsure as to how much it cost. Leather was standard, though I'm not entirely sure the bone leather was available on all exterior colours. The velour trim was a no cost option.

VZCalZone

now choppin the VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais, vx2 exec
I've got a 2004 vz calais with bone interior. Considered the sunroof but never saw one so just forgot about it. My mum has one on her 60th anniversary ssv and has rarely if ever used it. I'd say if you come across one then take it but i wouldn't hold your breath. with the leather i know someone who has the black leather and regrets it every day, point is if you want it then go for it.

80shovelead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais, VS Exec, VL Exec
ive got the cream leather in my calais aswell, but i havent seen many with sun roofs though and not many over here with the same interior