Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Calais Firmware Version

nitrouz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
Hey All,

Anyone with a VZ Calais, can you please check your firmware version and let me know what you have? I just want to check and see whether mine has been updated, as I took it to my local Holden Dealer to get done, and it came out with the same version I sent it in with. They are known to be dodgy. They wouldnt give me a straight answer whether it had been updated despite me asking 3 times.
Does anyone know what the latest version is? Has anyone had theirs updated recently?

Any info would be great!

GTRwilson

sell me your VY sigs!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
sorry cant help with your problem, but yes they like to duck and dodge a straight answer...

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
if your going by the serial number in the dash cluster, that is the software version in the icu, that number has no bearing on the ecm/tcm/pim and bcm

nitrouz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
when holding mode and set while turning the ignition on you get a vers. no. then it displays a serial number too, then a gm part number.
I was going by the version number. Is that meant to be the firmware version? one would think so..
Can everyone check what theirs is and post it? mine was 000.041.080

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
when holding mode and set while turning the ignition on you get a vers. no. then it displays a serial number too, then a gm part number.
I was going by the version number. Is that meant to be the firmware version? one would think so..
Can everyone check what theirs is and post it? mine was 000.041.080

as i said, that number only applies to the instrument cluster, has no bearing on the software version of the ecm/bcm etc etc,

the software version is different to different types of clusters too

nitrouz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
ah ok. so I guess you can only check what vers it is by plugging it in and looking?
How annoying, lol. how do i know they even did it?

jaz_777

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 voodoo thunder ss
hi mate, mine says 000.038.000, so i would say it was updated, how much did it cost? i wouldnt mind updating mine, mine is also a vz calais