Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Calais Low Fuel Warning Not Working?

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Hey guys,

I have a 2005 VZ Calais V8 and the low fuel warning has not come on since I have owned the car (about 3-4 weeks) the gauge seems to be working fine and even the "fuel used" said 60 litres and it took 60 litres when I filled it up.

It said 47kms to empty but no matter how low it goes the low fuel warning will not come up, even the very low fuel warning.

Juat wondering if this is something that can be switched on and off? I don't usually let it run below quarter but I have been trying to make the warning come on just to make sure it works as I have found other electrical problems which I have fixed myself.

Also should there be a warning if one of the doors isn't shut properly as I don't think that is working either but the switch on the drivers door is fine as the radio switches off when the door is opened after switching the ignition off.

Thanks in advance

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
get a tech 2 on it you can go through dash options and swith things on and off start from there ,I recently swithched off the seat belt warning alarm and changed a few things in my SS