Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz Calais O2 sensor issue

Dan_86

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VZ CALAIS 6.0LV8/A4 L76
Hi everyone I'm new to this site so any advice would be great.

I own a 06 Calais with a 6.0L V8 (L76) & I purchased the car from holden with 55k on the clock.

Previous owner has put a DiFillipo system all the way thru & whoever installed it has modified the O2 sensor wiring so they reach the existing boot it clips to.

My mate who works for holden has told me bank 2 is running lean & when we ordered new O2 sensors they were too short.

Firstly, does anyone know if they make genuine or aftermarket senors with longer wiring?

Second, could be something else causing bank 2 to lean out or its the O2 sensors?

Third, would i have to put a standard system back on the car (which is my last resort)?

I want to dyno the car & put an OTR system on her but worried i'll do damage to the motor if its still running lean is that the case or i should be fine to go ahead with the dyno.

Also one last thing, I'm not sure how to tell if the guy has done any other mods as no receipts were left with the car but i may suspect he has put a cam? Unless i have a miss-fire which holden ruled out would it be picked up by a dyno tuner or would they have to pull the motor apart to check it out?

Thanking everyone who has helped out & happy motoring

Dan

Dan_86

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm guessing no-one knows what im talking about or ive answered my own question/s???

ryan101

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
Hey mate, just ring around, I'm sure I've read that u can get o2 senser extentions! Maybe call difillipo

Dan_86

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers buddy I went to sams performance & I got new O2 sensors & extensions for $530 fitted & the car runs soo much better!! Turns out the guy who installed it loves his soildering but does a poor job @ it & didnt wrap the cables with heat protective shrink!! mind you the original cable was stainless steel & the new cable was copper!!