Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Calais rocker cover removal question

Dre

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV, VZ Calais
Hey, so I'm trying to remove the drivers side rocker cover on my alloytec VZ Calais, how do you remove the square shaped casing that's around the wiring loom that's running along the bottom/outside edge of the rocker cover? It's covering 2 of the bolts I need to remove the rocker cover. Passenger side loom casing has 2 clips underneath but the drivers side is different and doesn't have these.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
There’s a 10mm bolt just down from where the harness earth is. It retains the dip stick and a bracket that holds the wiring harness. Otherwise I’ll have a look later for you.

Dre

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV, VZ Calais
There’s a 10mm bolt just down from where the harness earth is. It retains the dip stick and a bracket that holds the wiring harness. Otherwise I’ll have a look later for you.
Yes that holds that part of the harness but there is also a harness that runs over the rocker cover that's inside this plastic casing, this casing is somehow attached to the rocker cover. I took a photo and marked it, that's the piece I'm trying to remove

Attachments

• PXL_20240217_225301132.jpg
    PXL_20240217_225301132.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 37

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Yes that holds that part of the harness but there is also a harness that runs over the rocker cover that's inside this plastic casing, this casing is somehow attached to the rocker cover. I took a photo and marked it, that's the piece I'm trying to remove

There's two or three plastic tabs, just push them and lift.

Dre

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV, VZ Calais
Ok well I couldn't find any clips, so gave the casing I marked earlier a bit of a tug and broke the front pin (circled in the photo) that mounts it to the rocker cover, it looked like a Christmas tree clip, but anyway it gave me just enough access to get the last 2 bolts out. Bit of a stupid design but whatever, I can keep going now, thanks for all the suggestions

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240218-112740.png
    Screenshot_20240218-112740.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 30