Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Calais seats into VY

Scaldie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy commodore v6
29E6CAF5-9C6C-4106-B4D1-052D1B5156D5.png
Just wanted to make a thread about how to put VZ Calais seats into a VY because there’s not really much out there regarding the subject.

Ok assuming you already have the seats out of the Calais ready to install, you’re gonna wanna disconnect the negative terminal on your battery and then wait 10-20 seconds or else when you disconnect the airbag wires you’ll get an SRS warning on your dash which you’ll have to get taken off at a Holden dealership or any mechanic. also don’t put the key in the ignition and turn it, don’t put it in at all.(i don’t know why you would but just don’t cos you’ll get the SRS warning) then on the drivers seat in your car there’s a plastic cover covering all the wiring.

take the cover off and disconnect the yellow and orange plugs (those are the airbag and seatbelt pretensioner wires) then the wiring for the power seats then just unscrew the four screws to get the seat out and repeat on the passengers seat

Then bolt the VZ Calais drivers seat in and plug the yellow and orange plug in and repeat on the passenger seat but on the passenger seat you’re going to have to splice the power wires together on that side which is just power to power and ground to ground pretty easy

Then comes the tricky part THE DRIVERS SEAT (not really tricky) You’re going to have to splice the wires from the Calais seat with the Old VY power seat wiring because they don’t have the same plug.

I’ll post a wiring diagram I found on another post so you know which wires.

so basically you just connect all the grounds together then connect the power wire to the “power” wire coming out of the VY, which is the bottom left wire (the thick one) the top one is ground and I’m not sure what the little thin one next to the power wire is for maybe it’s acc I’m not sure. So Then connect the “Ignition” wire to Acc or any constant power source and then you’re all done and it also retains the memory function (a lot of people say that you need the bcm out of the Calais and all this other stuff but that’s bullshit) and that’s pretty much it after you connect all the wires connect your battery back up and all should be fine and if you wanna set the memory seats just set the seats how you like it and how you’re comfortable sitting then press or hold the “M” button then press whatever number you want to be yours then anytime someone moves your seat you can just hold the number you set your seat to and it’ll go back to how you set it

Last edited:

Scaldie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy commodore v6
Nice. What about the difference in pretensioner mounting? Did you drill the hole?

I might be wrong but I’m pretty sure they’re interchangeable but I didn’t have to change them around I just left the seats how they were and put them straight in

Mattyboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy spac
@Scaldie have done everything as described however I’m only get about an inch movement in the seat, no movement in the upright but tilt function works fine?

TINNYMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 04 sv6
Hey lads i just wanted to know if anyone has done this and its worked without any issues so far ? As i've got VZ Calais seats in to my 2004 Vz sv6. Seats are in but i cant plug them in...

Am i best to take it to an Auto Elec ?