Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz calais v6 auto transmission problems!!!!

misscalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais V6
Hey I own a vz calais v6 auto and I have recently had a transmission service done on it. There was a major difference after I got it done, I mean it drove alot better, changed into gear alot smoother and had alot more power. It has only been 2 weeks and now something is wrong and i have no idea what it could be.
For starters i accelerate and my car goes to drive but doesnt and then after a few seconds it will drive. It's not normal at all for my car to be doing this. It used to take off straight away as soon as i accelerated. It does it while im driving aswell.
Secondly my auto gear stick is stiff. I mean i used to be able to use one hand to put it down into drive but now i have to use 2 hands. lol
Also i dont know whether this would have anything to do with the transmission but my car goes to 'die' sometimes when its in park or when i turn the steering wheel. Its only started to happen since all these other things have.
I have been told the mechanic has put the wrong transmission fluid in. ?
Also the mechanic didn't do the service how i thought it was supposed to be done. He flushed it using some machine thing that you poor the transmission fluid into. ? i have no idea what they are. He didnt change the filter, he said doing the 'flush' thing he was doing would flush the filter.
So i need to know whats wrong with my car. It's my everyday car and i really hope the mechanic hasnt done anything wrong but i will say when he showed me the oil from my transmission it was black and really thin. Maybe having that go through my transmission stuffed it and its just finally stuffing up now. ?
I have no idea but can someone help me please.

:)

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
Take it back and show the mechanic whats happening. If it wasn't like that before and they touched it last its gotta be change checked out for poor workmanship

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
ah........
i know you can change the fluid in the 5 speed boxes but they're supposed to be sealed for life so in sort....i think your mechanic and rooted your box

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
They are due for a service at 150k in the logbook

misscalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais V6
hey, the mechanic was actually someone i knew so i took my car to him and my own transmission fluid (dex3) but he used some 'le90' i dont know the name for it but he said it was way better that the dex 3 would stuff my car.
im really confused about this and i have my car up on ramps now. i dropped the pan and the oil is red but really thin.
i have told him about whats happening and he said he doesnt even know what could be happening. he said if he put the wrong fluid in the car wouldnt of made it around the block but its just so strange how my car transmission was running perfectly fine like it was due for the trans service so i got it done and now i think its just about ready to **** itself.

delfin82

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive s1/ vz berlina
Why did your mechanic flush it instead off normal tranny service? is the old oil still red or brownish color when you bring the car for service? Just change the filter and insist use the dex 3 oil on it, probably the filter is block that was causes it.

misscalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais V6
The mechanic said doing the flush was better.. ? the oil that was in it before the service was brown. It had been 12months since the last service which was when i brought the car and i have only done 20,000kms.I know **** all about cars but what i do know is my transmission was running perfectly fine before the service. After the service which was 2 weeks ago i noticed a difference. It was running better, it was only the past week it has been stuffing up. I will be at a set of lights and go to accelerate and it wont go, only just creeping forward then all of a sudden the power kicks in. Even while i was driving simply doing 60 and the car would jerk and the gears would just go crazy. Also the past week my auto gear stick started getting really really stiff! I had to use two hands and still struggle to go through the gears. After all this i decided my transmission is proberly stuffed or something is seriously wrong so parked it up and havent touched it in 2 days.
Overall i dont know much about cars but i do know my car!!

misscalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais V6
he used some "High Tech le90" fluid. whatever the hell that really is and what its really meant for. From what i have heard so far about le90 is it shouldnt of been used in my car at all and now i have a serious problem and i have no idea what it could be and proberely up for a new transmission but if he is at fault i will not be paying anything. he will be given the bill to fix my car and if he cant do that i will take it further. is that even fair? I have never been so angry in my life and especially over my car. My car has never had one problem because i look after it. I brought it off an old guy who brought it from an auction where they sell ex government cars so my car hasnt been thrashed.

misscalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais V6
They are due for a service at 150k in the logbook

hey in my logbook it's says the transmission was serviced at 105,000 and then before I brought it the guy did a transmission service at 130,000. I did another one 2 weeks ago and the k's are now 153,000.

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
It's fine to service it sooner, but according to Holden, 150k at normal driving is sufficient. Hard driving will require more frequent services