Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ calais/ VZ senator gauges help!!

Hropic

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Vz Calais 190
Hey guys,
I picked up the gauges and holder from my mate out of his old mans smashed senator and am having some trouble...

As you can see i have removed the storage compartment from my calais and have placed the gauges in their place.
It appears that i am missing something as it does not clip in place like it did in the senator...
And the problem is that i cant go back to my mates car because its gone!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Im not worried about wiring up the gauges yet, just fitting them first.

Thanks!

2ura0qd.jpg

2di262h.jpg

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
ay m8 the problem is the dash is different, i think it will only fit a normal dash, as my exec has the clips in place for it, did u have the compartment there to put things in before u put the guages there? if so then it will not fit

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
its the right dash for it, models with climate control dashs are the only ones that can fit it.

it wont fit anything with normal air con, execs sv6's etc

at a guess the senator would of had something that screw to the mounting holes for the flip up storage bin, then the gauges would clip to that

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
You sure it's related to climate control? I thought it was just dashes with the pop-up compartment won't fit these. I have CC and the pop-top but I'm told gauges won't fit :(

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
You sure it's related to climate control? I thought it was just dashes with the pop-up compartment won't fit these. I have CC and the pop-top but I'm told gauges won't fit :(

I was told you could and was quoted a price for the kit. $728 from memory, included everything to do the job.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
I was told you could and was quoted a price for the kit. $728 from memory, included everything to do the job.

Mr. eBay seller told me!

POD WILL NOT SUIT VZ MODELS WITH POP UP STORAGE COMPARTMENT
VY VZ V6 V8 HSV VDO FULL GAUGE POD & SENDER KIT - eBay, Other Car Parts, Accessories, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 25-Feb-09 22:43:25 AEDST)

and

IT IS suit FOR both VY Climate control Model and Non-Climate Model & VZ NON-CLIMATE CONTROL MODEL BUT NOT VZ CLIMATE CONTROL MODEL
Modified Holden Commodore Gauge Pod Cover 4 VY VZ HSV S - eBay, Other Car Parts, Accessories, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 25-Feb-09 21:13:45 AEDST)

Maybe it is CC related? Do you have CC juzo?

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Hropic, u have the correct one but ur obviously missing a part that goes underneath, so it sits flush with the dash.

If u didnt, u wouldn't hav been able to fit that part at all.

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
ok to the op, you need to go to holden and find the mounting piece for the gauges .

to everyone that is struggling to understand what goin on. there are 2 type of dashs, air con and climate control.

the ebay kits are after market ones design to suit the air con dash, as you can see the bit i have circled in red, is an extension of the original gauges

the bit i have circled yellow is from a climate control dash, which makes the area on top of the dash shorter, you can easily tell by how close the gauges are to the end of the mould

gauges.jpg

if you where to put standard gauages in a air con dash the would be about a 3cm gap, at the front,

also those aftermarket gauges are based on the vy version, the vy dash did not have the bit i have circled to yellow on any model,

Hropic

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Vz Calais 190
Ok guys so ive sorted out a few of the issues.
I have talked to a bloke from holden and he said that yes i am missing a piece that goes underneath the gauges.
In order for them to fit flush with the dash, I need this piece.

He couldnt quote me on the spot but has told me that is it possible to modify the flip compartment that was there originally to act as the missing piece.

Im not too fussed about that for now as i am looking into the cost for getting it all wired up.
Because i dont have the senator wiring that is needed, i was looking into pulling apart the unit and making seperate connections for each gauge.

Sound like a decent idea?