Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz cam kits

WL2005HBD

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 WL Statesman HBD
The only reason modification companies make money from V6s is thanks to P Plater restriction laws. Lol

SillySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 Bathurst Edition
SV6's will draw police attention as much as a SS, its all about how you drive.
You will not beat a stock SS
Cam's are stupidly easy to identify, unless your born earless
Alloytecs are only decent when turbo'd (and to an extent, supercharged) A cammed, CRP6'd alloytec will only be as fast as a stock 215i 5.0ltr.

And don't be bringing the old CPR6 promo car into this, unless you want to compare an engine with a stand alone ECU, custom cams, serious porting, 9,000rpm redline blah blah blah. Oh and I'm pretty sure it liked to throw rod too.

Let me clarify what I meant.

> Cams are not easy to identify under a hood with the engine OFF. That and your average cop will not recognise the sound, I know from experience (Mate with cammed VS commodore gets pulled over all the time, never been asked if cammed.)
> I AM talking about serious upgrades, not just bolt ons.
> I am a fitter and turner, so I can custom fabricate my own parts, thus im not JUST refering to cams etc.
> And I never said it would beat a V8 with JUST cams, more speaking of cams + raptor + inlet manifold + wight reduction + better throttle body + intake insulators + gear ratio redone + remapped ECU + extractors etc.

Dont come accusing people of saying **** when you dont even read the posts properly.

SillySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 Bathurst Edition
The only reason modification companies make money from V6s is thanks to P Plater restriction laws. Lol

You are very right, if it weren't for the laws I think id be driving a nice SS .

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Let me clarify what I meant.

> Cams are not easy to identify under a hood with the engine OFF. That and your average cop will not recognise the sound, I know from experience (Mate with cammed VS commodore gets pulled over all the time, never been asked if cammed.)
> I AM talking about serious upgrades, not just bolt ons.
> I am a fitter and turner, so I can custom fabricate my own parts, thus im not JUST refering to cams etc.
> And I never said it would beat a V8 with JUST cams, more speaking of cams + raptor + inlet manifold + wight reduction + better throttle body + intake insulators + gear ratio redone + remapped ECU + extractors etc.

Dont come accusing people of saying **** when you dont even read the posts properly.

Don't be cranky bro, was just having a bad day yesterday, so i apologise lol :)

What kind of parts could you make? I'm sure you'd be able to make alittle coin off them too!

With those above mods you listed, everything is spot on except the throttle body, weight reduction and insulators. If i remember right, the CPR6 and insulators dont work well together. Throttle body is pretty big as is on the VZ 6's, so it will suffice :) Also, weight reduction in a 1.8t car would be at a minimum, and would make it a pain to drive.

Thanks!