Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz central locking issue

JamieT82

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Holden ute
Hi
Pulling my hair out big time. My vz ute beeps when I push the button on the key to lock it. Passanger side door locks with the button, but drivers side stays up (horn beeps) and I have to lock it with the key in the door. I’ve replaced the actuator, I’ve even swapped actuators from both doors (both work in passanger door). But it still happens. I’ve searched the wiring loom through the door and into the body and found no broken or exposed wires. On the weekend I pulled the bcm out to search for anything obvious, to no avail.
Has anyone else had this problem?
I’ve also noticed that I’m unable to set the alarm off, dead Locked the door with the window down and opened the door after a while.
I have noticed that when I push the button on the key the actuator in the door makes a noise but won’t actually lock the door.
Any advice!!!

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Sounds like the Actuator, or solenoid,
I know you said you replaced it, ,
Is there voltage at the actuator to lock it when you press the button ?
[using a multimeter]
If not, that's when you have to look deeper into the system.
Check the wiring loom in the transfer hose from the pillar to the door.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I’d be going to the wrecker and getting the rod/linkages off a car and replacing yours. If those rods get stretched a little, what is happening to you now is the outcome.

Had this issue with a rear door. Actuator had to be replaced but leading up to that, the door would be forced open a little. That caused the linkage/rod to straighten slightly. Then when the new actuator was fitted the door still had issues.

Did my head in.

A forum member here (kudos to them) suggested reshaping the rod and or replacing them. Worked.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Remove the link arms / rods, if the actuator going in and out without the rod connected you have your problem in that area, if not look at the wiring going through the door jam, also to test while door is open just hold the light switch in, you can use a jump wire from the kick panel to the actuator to see if the wire isn't cracked. Oh just use a screwdriver to close the locking hinge too or it wont work.

Last edited:

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
99.9% will be the wiring harness from the door to the body inside the rubber convoluted grommet sheath, wire has broken in there, as you say the door actuator has been changed/replaced.

Pray it's in the wiring....