Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Cigarette Lighter Location

andrewxtreme

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
I purhcased a VZ SV6 and am absolutely loving it.

I recently purchased a PDA style GPS unit, which has a Cigarette lighter attachment, but the lighter power is in the centre console.

So, if I want to place the GPS up on the right hand side of the front window, then it means the cable is fully stretched out and in the way.

Does anyone know the best way around this using a fixed and hidden type arrangement? I am also looking at this option for my mobile as well.

Any help....

Cheers

Eggz

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Just because it has a cig lighter plug, doesn't mean you HAVE to use the cig lighter. You just need to connect the positive to any other positive or "Acc" wire and the negative to any negative or earth.

You would probably find these under your dash or behind the ignition barrel, and that way the wiring would be hidden. Earth can be any bare metal part of the car e.g: a screw or bolt.

SSZ Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6
If you are after power, see the threads on here regarding installing a hands free kit.

Holden have kindly located a plug behind the panel next to the front passengers right leg. It has constant 12v, accesssory 12v, earth plus more.

I am also looking to find the plug that the genuine ashtray (with cigarette lighter) plugs into and get a pin out for it. I am thinking it is behind the panel next to the drivers left leg.

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
I installed the wiring for my GPS in my wagon and SS.
In my Wagon i ran a wire from the right side near the pillar under the dash behind the radio under the transmission lever to the back of the 12v connector in the centre console..
Just so that it powered up when the ignition was on.
In my SS i just ran it to a positve in the fuse panel and earthed it to the chassis..it only took 5 min instead of 2 hours like my wagon... lol