Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Climate - can I force recirculated air to stay on?

sixfootseven

Reaction score
Members Ride
White VZ SS & Black VE Calais
I have a 2005 VZ SS LS1.

Climate all works as expected from the factory I think, but I've noticed the car will happily switch itself to fresh rather than recirculated air whenever it feels the need (I think every time I press 'Auto', and everytime I press 'On' after having pressed 'Off').

I think its normal but I want to know if i can change it.

i.e. is there a way to reprogram it so if you go to recirculated, it will stay there until you manually switch it to fresh, with no auto changing of that one setting.

I've come from VT/VX SS/Exec/Acclaim land, a wonderful place where you can set recirculated air on a dial, and it will stay on recirculated for years at a time.

Background: I travel past tannerys and a mushroom farm a lot, and fresh air is not a friend of mine.

#firstworldproblems

Last edited:

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Don't need to program anything, just push the Recirc button when you start it or when you detect a stink. It will stay that way until you change it to some thing else.

sixfootseven

Reaction score
Members Ride
White VZ SS & Black VE Calais
If you press off, or auto, the recirc turns off. E.g. dont want any fan on, so press "Off" and all of a sudden im getting fresh air.

I'm wondering if its possible to change that, and make it stay on recirc no matter what.