Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Cluster Wiring and Plugs

auMatt

Reaction score
Hi,

Im just wondering if any one has a wiring diagram or plug layout of the VZ Instrument Cluster. Also does anyone know of a good VZ Commodore Wreckers that would be able to provide me with the Cluster Plug and wiring loom?

Thanks

Matt

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
are you after pinouts, or where the wiring runs? if you are interested in a cluster swap they are all interchangeable as long as it has a blue plug

vzberlinav6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz berlina v6
here it is

Attachments

• wiring diagram1 copy.jpg
    wiring diagram1 copy.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 65,270

auMatt

Reaction score
Thanks vzberlinav6, but that image doesnt show the cluster, that looks to be the diag connections. You wouldnt happen to have the pintouts and cluster diagram that is a bit bigger?

Thanks

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
Hi,

Im just wondering if any one has a wiring diagram or plug layout of the VZ Instrument Cluster. Also does anyone know of a good VZ Commodore Wreckers that would be able to provide me with the Cluster Plug and wiring loom?

Thanks

Matt

this shows the the wiring, the x with numbers after it show the pin location on the plug, and obviously the wire colour

Attachments

• cluster.jpg
    cluster.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 42,591

auMatt

Reaction score
Digging up a bit of an old thread but I have started playing around with my cluster on my bench again and was wondering if anyone knows of any way to be able to fire up a VZ cluster on a bench without being connected to a vehicle and check to make sure everything works? I can power it up no probs but I get Service Error Contact Dealer after booting the cluster.

Thanks

Matt

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
I'd say if the cluster is not connected to air bags and the BCM - it will log errors for sure.

I dont think you can "bench test" the VZ clusters as such - only real way is to plug them into a car with the correct settings - number of air bags, climate system....

auMatt

Reaction score
I know the cluster has an SDI Connection, does anyone know what format it is. I was thinking it was ALDL 8192 but my ALDL tool would not talk to it. I am interested in doing some low level hacking with these, I have dumped the eeprom off it and I want to have a real good play around with it.

Maybe even be able to open some new options on it.

Matt