Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ clutch..anything else?

2005vzute

Djabringyagrogalong
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2005 VZ Ute M6
g'day all,

so i've just bought a heavy duty clutch set up for my v6 ute...the kit has the solid flywheel, new slave cylinder, new pressure plate and new clutch plate...also got new flywheel and pressure plate bolts...is there anything else i should be replacing?. is there a spigot bearing or bush i should be worrying about..its only got 82,000 on the clock and its a 05 model..if anyone could think of anything else to go with it could you's please let me know

cheers everyone

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
yeah i'd prob replace the spigot bearing to, i know the clutch kit i bought for my vx cam with everything apart from pressure plate bolts so i'm surprised u didn't get a flywheel and spigot bearing

lein

Comrade Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VC 202/4sp
There's no spigot in the rear of the alloytec from memory. The reason I remember is because it's so odd. Either that or my VZ didn't have one and I should have fitted one. :)

2005vzute

Djabringyagrogalong
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2005 VZ Ute M6
it should..the guy done a dodgy one me but..i asked him thrice for an extreme clutch kit and he said he has it and its in stock..then at the counter he gives me pbr telling me its the same ****, which it probably is...except with a lot more ####ing around...i got the pbr anyways because i need it in a rush..i think the spigot should still be alright..its only had 82,000 on it so should be good

Filthy_Phil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II S Ute
check your thrust bearing for signs of clutch dust, if that goes u r screwed, regrease it too if u can