Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Commodore after market head unit removal?

nugget795

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Hey Guys,
I recently bought a 2005 VZ Wagon. The guy who owned it before me had an aftermarket single din head unit put in it with a single din fascia. I was wondering if anyone knows how to remove this so i can put a sub in? I have looked every where and cant find how to do it! :(
Thanks in advance!

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
You will need to insert the removal pins down either side of head unit and then pull it forwards. Google your CD players brand for removal keys to get an idea of what shape they need to be. Often times, autobarn will remove it for you, as trying to remove the fascia often ends in tears!

Sometimes a pair of thin pieces of steel will release it and then you just need to drag it forwards... feeler gauges often work wonders.

VEO55

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE
If it is the DNA facia (Headunit chassis mounted, no escutcheon)

You will need to remove the lower fuse cover and side panel on center console. Same on other side, glovebox and side of console.

You will need to look up as if you are trying to see the rear of the unit. There are tabs on either side, use a pry-bar or long flat blade screwdriver to press on the tabs and slide the unit/facia forward.

If you try to pull the unit out without doing this, 99% of the time you will snap the mounts on the facia panel.

nugget795

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
WP_20130516_003.jpg Thanks Heaps!!