Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz commodore light bulk for window blown

vz23kq

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz commodore lumina
hey every1 just need some help as the people at supercheap had no idea how to help . the light inside the window switch button on the back door blew, its a tiny bulb inside, does any1 no the size of this light?

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Thought they were LED's?

Have you pulled apart the switch itself? If not, try clean out the terminals/connections of it, aparently they gum up with crap and thats what stops them working. ;)

bcw61

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 2005 Executive Wagon
hey every1 just need some help as the people at supercheap had no idea how to help . the light inside the window switch button on the back door blew, its a tiny bulb inside, does any1 no the size of this light?

Unfortunately, along with the headlamp switch and the trip computer switch, the side window switches are illuminated with filament bulbs, but the switches are sealed units and the bulbs are not serviceable.

I have pulled apart an old VZ headlamp switch, and the bulbs are similar to the old 'grain of wheat' type, with a green plastic sleeve over them. They are soldered onto a PCB within the headlamp switch, and I think the trip computer switch and side window switches must have a similar setup. I suppose that you might be able to source new bulbs from a specialty electronics supplier, but I'd imagine that it would be a bugger of a job to replace them.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
/\ spot on. Holden's theory was (well I guess anyway) that little filaments will never blow! Every VZ I know has at least one of the switches out, being rear window or one of the globes on the headlight switch. If you can source one its not impossible to change, but definately a bugger.

Might be easier just to buy a new switch from Holden, when I did it a few years back I think it was $30 or something.

bcw61

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 2005 Executive Wagon
/\ spot on. Holden's theory was (well I guess anyway) that little filaments will never blow! Every VZ I know has at least one of the switches out, being rear window or one of the globes on the headlight switch. If you can source one its not impossible to change, but definately a bugger.

Might be easier just to buy a new switch from Holden, when I did it a few years back I think it was $30 or something.

If the OP (or anyone else for that matter) is interested, I have managed to source new globes. PM me for details.

mickjh

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy acclaim wagon s1
mickjh

can u tell me where i can get hold of the bulbs for vy power windows

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
would it be possible to take the old bulb out and solder in a led?

Luke52

Reaction score
Members Ride
'07 VZ Acclaim wagon.
The globes for the rear window switches are not soldered to a PCB, they are a actually like a little individual dash-globe.

You could go to the effort of pulling the switch apart to get to it, but you need to figure out if it's worth the hassle. My window switch broke the other day, this is what it looks like on the inside. Oh, and a new switch is $82 from Holden...

img76261291181852.JPG

img76271291181852.JPG

If you decide you want to change it, take the globe out and go to Jaycar or Repco, might be able to match something up.