Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz commodore rear quarter panel and bumper repair

cvzv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz v6
Hey guys, so i completely stuffed up and hit a brick wall last night and done alot of damage to the rear quarter panel and bumper. What would i be better of doing, replacing the whole quarter panel and bumper bar and respraying if i need to, or get a panel beater to fix it all up? And how much would both options set me back? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Im in Melbourne so if you know anyone i can take it to that will get the job done right please let me know. Cheers
I will attatch a picture below

Last edited:

cvzv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz v6
Screenshot_2017-04-14-07-47-02.png

Silverbird

(Blake)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Station Wagon
Ouch. Know how you feel because I have done it too. My choice would be to have it repaired, retaining the original panel if possible. A good panel shop will guarantee their work in the event you were unhappy with the job. They may have to wet over to the surrounding panels to get the colour matching right. Get a few quotes, it's probably less expensive than you think.

EDIT: Try and find the piece out of your light - glue it back in will save you buying a new one.

cvzv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz v6
Ouch. Know how you feel because I have done it too. My choice would be to have it repaired, retaining the original panel if possible. A good panel shop will guarantee their work in the event you were unhappy with the job. They may have to wet over to the surrounding panels to get the colour matching right. Get a few quotes, it's probably less expensive than you think.

EDIT: Try and find the piece out of your light - glue it back in will save you buying a new one.
Thanks for your advice, roughly how much do you think it will cost?

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
Its repairable. bumper, quater and at least half the door would need to be blended in.
Its really not as bad as it looks
Price wise you'd be looking at around $800

Silverbird

(Blake)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Station Wagon
Thanks for your advice, roughly how much do you think it will cost?
Sorry but I'm not sure about pricing, I don't have any experience in that area. Ozzie's estimate above seems reasonable at about $800 - save yourself a lot of hassle and expense compared with changing panels and whatnot.

H

harrop.senator

Lol at compared to changing panels. Changing a rear quarter requires you cutting it off at the pillar all the way down the door seam boot seam light and then drilling out the spot weld at the sills bogging all the welds and respraying it all. Huge job and would probably write a vy off. That dent will get banged or pulled out easy as by a panel beater.