Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz commy with surge issue

Shane gc

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Holden commodore vz
Hey team I’ve got this issue with my commy 05 vz leo engine
Started about 2 months ago when using aircon but now it’s even with aircon off car runs perfect most of the time but I get this annoying jerk/pop like a misfire as I take off or at idle it’s worse just pop pop and off it goes somedays doesn’t even do pulled TB apart cleaned it all out all new gaskets cleaned the maf sensor new air filter I had the battery off so it reset the computer and it ran great for 2 days then it came back and has got worse each day took it to mechanic today had full scan and nothing no misfires or codes of any sort the mechanic had No answer for me I was expecting maybe a coil or a plug problem not nothing it’s driving me nuts has anyone else had this issue cheers peeps

wannaeatyourbrains

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Does it happen more when it is hot? Try swapping your throttle body with another one see what happens.

How is your battery, too? Throttle body can start misbehaving if your battery is end of life.

If you are past due for oil change you might consider that. They don't like dirty oil.