Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ computer upgrade

jdrVZute

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Vee Zed Ute
My mate from work has a 2005 VZ SS ute. He went to Carline in Maitland and they upgraded his computer for $300. He claimed before he got it done his acceleration had a slight delay from when he put his foot down, but after he got the upgrade he said its probably the best $300 hes spent. Apparently has increased power and torque.
Was wondering if it would be worth doing in a V6?

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
I would recommend getting it updated. Had mine done mostly to see if there was any change to the stock tune and to see if it'd help with traction.

I had mine updated, cost me $80-90 thru Village Motors. No performance gains to peak off that I noticed, the car just seemed a little happier. Def much better in the wet.

What I noticed since I've had it done.

1. ESP actually works now on the road not just a dirt road!
2. The hill sensor now works alot better so the decel fuel cut off is much better and it enrichens better when going up a hill.
3. They improved the shift reductions, mind u mine were already better then it due to tuning them off a VE Omega.
4. Slightly better fuel consumption? Seems to get more out of the tank, I think it's due to the improved decell fuel cut off when coasting down a hill on the highway etc.

Mines a 06 VZ Executive. There was a heap of computers they updated not just the ECU and TCU

heyitsEnricoPallazzo

Big block Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ A4 Saloon
I would recommend getting it updated. Had mine done mostly to see if there was any change to the stock tune and to see if it'd help with traction.

I had mine updated, cost me $80-90 thru Village Motors. No performance gains to peak off that I noticed, the car just seemed a little happier. Def much better in the wet.

What I noticed since I've had it done.

1. ESP actually works now on the road not just a dirt road!
2. The hill sensor now works alot better so the decel fuel cut off is much better and it enrichens better when going up a hill.
3. They improved the shift reductions, mind u mine were already better then it due to tuning them off a VE Omega.
4. Slightly better fuel consumption? Seems to get more out of the tank, I think it's due to the improved decell fuel cut off when coasting down a hill on the highway etc.

Mines a 06 VZ Executive. There was a heap of computers they updated not just the ECU and TCU
A couple of question for you BDC. What is the Hill Sensor? Also I thought Executives did not have ESP?