Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ console/dasg replacement

87calaisturbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vl calais turbo
Hey, i recently bought a vz exec wagon. Im looking at changing the console and dash to the wk statesman setup. I know how to remove the centre console, but how hard is it to replace the dash? Does anyone know where i coukd purchase a detailed manual on how to remove the dash? Thanks in advance :)

EDIT: if a new cluster is installed, will it display old cars kms or my kms? Is that something thats stored in ecu? Or within cluster itself?
Cheers

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
The cluster will display the km from the doner car.

If you want a Stato dash in an exec, you’re gonna have a bad time.

Easy fit but the matching HVAC system will need to be changed to a climate control HVAC which is a really big job which requires a heap of time, interior looms to be changed and BCM changed. I can keep going if you like.

All because your trim panel in the middle around the stereo, vents etc won’t be able to swap in.

You can use a level 4 cluster from a statesman but you will need someone to reflash it to suit your mileage and exec features.

87calaisturbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vl calais turbo
The cluster will display the km from the doner car.

If you want a Stato dash in an exec, you’re gonna have a bad time.

Easy fit but the matching HVAC system will need to be changed to a climate control HVAC which is a really big job which requires a heap of time, interior looms to be changed and BCM changed. I can keep going if you like.

All because your trim panel in the middle around the stereo, vents etc won’t be able to swap in.

You can use a level 4 cluster from a statesman but you will need someone to reflash it to suit your mileage and exec features.
Cheers mate, my exec has been engineered to have an ls1. In doing so, its got a 209 LUX bcm. Ontop of that, it has also been fitted with vz calais console with climate control, aswell as the calais cluster with the 3 screens n everything.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Well then, you’re gonna have a good time,