Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz console lid making it leather

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
hey guys i want to put red leather on my console lid and I'm not sure how to do it?

i have taken a pic ok it apart the foam is there with the base and the other part is the vinyl so how would u suggest i do it? just over the foam? or over the vinyl?

PS don't mind the kick panels there going red also :w00t:

100_1924.jpg

Tuttle

stupidity reigns supreme!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
if you do it over the vinyl then it might not fit back on the plastic under the lid, not really sure how it holds the vinyl in there in the first place. would want to test it before putting it on for good

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
if you do it over the vinyl then it might not fit back on the plastic under the lid, not really sure how it holds the vinyl in there in the first place. would want to test it before putting it on for good
yeah the vinyl is molded and slips over and then the bottem part screw into it with 4 screws

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
yeah i gave up on the dam thing lol to hard and i dont think it will look that good, so its goin to a motor trimmer today so 40 bucks and he will put the leather on put thicker foam in and use black stiching so its pretty cheap and will look really good

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
yeah i gave up on the dam thing lol to hard and i dont think it will look that good, so its goin to a motor trimmer today so 40 bucks and he will put the leather on put thicker foam in and use black stiching so its pretty cheap and will look really good

I reckon that's good value. As I have fitted the Calais leather interior, the console lid should be leather too. Time to check out the local motor trimmer I think.

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
I reckon that's good value. As I have fitted the Calais leather interior, the console lid should be leather too. Time to check out the local motor trimmer I think.
yeah motor trimmers are heaps cheap and always good value m8

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
yeah man will pick it up tomorrow at 11

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Ill like to see how this turns out!:yeah:

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
Ill like to see how this turns out!:yeah:
yeah man no probs went there at 11 and he was ou5 so i can pick it up around 3 i hope, as i dont have my car had a clunk comming from the front so its in the shop gettin fixed

ps there are a few pic in my thread with the red leather on my other parts