Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Crewman adding fog lamps

burgo1957

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman 3.6L 6SD
Hi all, I have a 2005 standard crewman V6 and I am wanting to fit fog lamps. Research has led me to replacing the light switch with the one with the fog lamp option. I have fitted the required relay in the block and mounted the lamps. My problem is locating the connector in the wiring loom, I found a terminated 6 pin block hiding behind the battery, is that the one?

Jolls

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute (Jimi Hendrix)
Hi Mate,

I assume you are asking what else is required to make them run. I think it depends on if the wiring harness is there or not. My VY ute had the wiring but not the switch - so changed the switch and plugged in the lights - all good. In some cases the wiring for the fog lamps is already there - sometimes not - I guess it depends on the build standard.

If is is not just hanging there ready to plug into you will need to run the wiring back to the relay.

Cheer n Beers
Jolls

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
I've got a genuine fog light loom (one side) with the foglight plug if you need it. $30 +postage and its still new in the packet.

burgo1957

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman 3.6L 6SD
I've got a genuine fog light loom (one side) with the foglight plug if you need it. $30 +postage and its still new in the packet.
Thanks but I do not need the loom as I found one for $19 including postage (Genuine and new).

burgo1957

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman 3.6L 6SD
Hi Mate,

I assume you are asking what else is required to make them run. I think it depends on if the wiring harness is there or not. My VY ute had the wiring but not the switch - so changed the switch and plugged in the lights - all good. In some cases the wiring for the fog lamps is already there - sometimes not - I guess it depends on the build standard.

If is is not just hanging there ready to plug into you will need to run the wiring back to the relay.

Cheer n Beers
Jolls
Not really, I was asking if the connector behind the battery is the one for the fog lamps. i guess i will have to wait until the genuine loom arrives to see.

Jolls

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute (Jimi Hendrix)
Sorry Burgo,

Now it is clear to me what you are asking. It may be but the wiring harness shown in the manual doesn't have a connector shown. Check out the difference between the standard harness for the V6 and V8 out of the manual. V6 does not show a connector. It may well be there depending on the build standard - but it certainly isn't the norm.

I trust that the two diagrams allow you to work out what you have. It is well worth downloading the manual off this site - I think Fu Manchu posted a current link very recently. Do a search for his posts and you should be able to locate it.

Cheers n Beers
Jolls

Attachments

• V05_12O - Ute V6 front body harness.pdf
    222.3 KB · Views: 156
  • V05_12O - Ute V8 front body harness.pdf
    224.2 KB · Views: 167

burgo1957

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman 3.6L 6SD
This info was really helpfull, thank you. It turns out the V8 diagram is the correct one even though I has a V6 (odd that is). The connectors are right behind the openings in the bumper and attached to the side members. Connectors E69. Do you happen to have details on the E69 connectors please?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Mine has everything waiting to be used. It's minus the relay, but the pins are in there ready. It has the loose connectors behind the bumper ready to be plugged into the fog lights, if such a feature were to be fitted.
I added a fog light equiped headlight switch.

Jolls

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute (Jimi Hendrix)
Here you go

Attachments

• V05_12O - Ute fog lamp connector diagram.pdf
    154.2 KB · Views: 132
  • V05_12O - Ute fog lamp connector diagram (2).pdf
    51.8 KB · Views: 143