Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Crewman - both rear windows not working.

dingoword

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 vz V6 Crewman
Hi,
I've searched this VZ forum and haven't yet (been able) to find an answer or possible reason, and am hoping one of you might be able to offer some advice?
I've just bought a Crewman and there is no response from either of the rear windows.
I've tried:
- turning the child-proff switch on and off a number of times,
- getting someone to put downwards pressure on the windows while using the up/down switches (also switching the child-proof lock on/off while pulling down on the windows)

There's no sound, no movement - nothing at all.
Both of the front windows are working fine.
Can anybody whose had similar experiences offer any suggestions / issues to look at or for / or ideas as to what might be going on?
From my (extremely) limited understanding, I thought it 'interesting' that both of the rear windows are doing the same thing, and hope it points to a simple fix???
Many thanks.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
It could be a simple fix. Both mine stopped working at the same time, and I ignored it for yonks.
Then took it to an auto elect who blew out a bucket of dust from both doors and cleaned the terminals. 30minutes, $ 50, happy.
May Santa smile upon you favourably.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Or you can get an aftermarket switch for cheap on the ebays around $30.

Help eliminate the switch as a cause. There’s some other ways you could
Bypass the switch and trigger it via the plug but that might not be for everyone.

Changing the switches is a 5minute job.

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
you could probably get a whole new window control module from the wreckers for $20-30 and see if it's a fault with one of the buttons, might have had a drink spilled on it. they might let you test it before you buy it, only takes a minute to swap

dingoword

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 vz V6 Crewman
Ok,
So i've removed the module, opened it up to just the circuit board (holding the switches with leds mounted on them, and all the components) gave the whole lot a good blow clean , and a light spray of CRC.
Even before putting any of it back together, and reconnecting the plug, both the front windows working fine, neither of the rear ones working at all (no sound, no movement), flicked the child lock on/off a number of times too.
Worth noting was that all the leds above all the switches were still working.
Oh the joys of owning a car (when you're really -really- broke).