Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Crewman Performance / Exhaust etc Upgrade Suggestions

lukeyNTK

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VZ Crewman V6
Hey, I've got a 2007 VZ v6 crewman and am keen to upgrade the exhaust and make some mods to improve performance ... Any suggestions on what I should do and what brands/products are good without breaking the bank ? Exhaust, Headers, Cold Air Intake ???

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Wouldn't bother. V6 mods are not very cost effective at all. Exhaust will only result in more noise and not much else. Air intake is more then good enough to.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
I agree with Wraith in regards to minor V6 mods.
Imho the best performance mod you could do for a heavy vehicle like a crewman would be to fit a lower geared rear ratio diff preferably with LSD or better.
I don't know what ratio you have now but going 1 ratio lower will give the car more punch with out hurting fuel economy.
eg, if you say have 3.08/3.07 now fit a 3.45/3.46.
M80 (V8 diff) diffs are usually all fitted with std LSD and available 2nd hand on eBay all the time.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Forget about the extractors & exhaust they just sound like **** on the V6.
Get some 3.7 or 3.9 ratio diff gears for quicker acceleration and just fit a K&N Air Filter.
Not being a smart arse, but if you want performance save your coin for a V8 at a later date or a side mount supercharger (Raptor Superchargers In Sponsor Section)

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Best bet is a CAI and a set of manifold insulators ,check Mace in sponsors section , wouldn't bother with exhaust .

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
"Buy a V8, V6's sound like ****"

Bullshit.

Yes, V8's sound good. But a V6 can be made to sound good, as long as you aren't expecting it to sound like a V8. It never will. There are good sounding V6's out there.

I have replied to your PM, but at this stage, the only thing I list is the cat back.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
"Buy a V8, V6's sound like ****"

Bullshit.

Yes, V8's sound good. But a V6 can be made to sound good, as long as you aren't expecting it to sound like a V8. It never will. There are good sounding V6's out there.

I have replied to your PM, but at this stage, the only thing I list is the cat back.

OP's opening sentence was: "Hey, I've got a 2007 VZ v6 crewman and am keen to upgrade the exhaust and make some "mods to improve performance"
That is why I suggested saving for a V8 or a supercharger

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Wasn't specifically directing my reply at anybody, just making a generalization.

But he did say, as you pointed out, "mods to improve performance". Buying a V8 isn't improving performance. An exhaust will improve performance of a V6, slight as it is, it will still be an improvement.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Wasn't specifically directing my reply at anybody, just making a generalization.

But he did say, as you pointed out, "mods to improve performance". Buying a V8 isn't improving performance. An exhaust will improve performance of a V6, slight as it is, it will still be an improvement.

All good mate...

Last edited: