Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz crewman stereo upgrade

Troy sharp

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sv6 crewman
Hi guys I have 04 vz crewman work ute and I love it, but I'd like to upgrade the stereo with something with a few more mod Con's. I don't want cheap Chinese crap but I don't want spend a mint. I'd like something plug and play as I'm not the greatest with that sort of thing. Any recommendation's ? Thanks heaps !

Mavericks Choice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV M6, VF2 LS3 Calais V, VZ 6L M6 Crewie
Had the Cheap China Crap in my Crewie now for the last five years, has not missed a beat sounds better than the oem one too!
Has bluetooth, usb, Rev cam, Nav, DVD etc

Brooook

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec SW
Had the Cheap China Crap in my Crewie now for the last five years, has not missed a beat sounds better than the oem one too!
Has bluetooth, usb, Rev cam, Nav, DVD etc
What brand? Did it slot right in or did you have to do any wiring?

Mavericks Choice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV M6, VF2 LS3 Calais V, VZ 6L M6 Crewie
Bought it off an ebay company located in Peakhurst NSW, plug & play except two wires I soldered into the main loom for steering wheel controls, very easy to install.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
For apple owners, a CarPlay enabled double DIN unit is the go. Cost around $500-700 mark (or more for more high end options)
For Android phone users, these are hard to go past.

https://www.digoptions.com.au/for-holden-commodore-vy-vz-monaro-v2-vz-02-06-gps~26229

The new Alpine ILX-702D is worth a look (which has Android Auto) or maybe a refurbished ILX-007E (which is CarPlay only)

These integrate as plug and play once you get the standard double DIN facia kit and wiring kit. All plugs in.

Not a hard job and some useful youtube vids out there showing how to do this on VZ's