Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Crewman with Tray

whiteknight66

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VZ Crewman
At the Moment.jpg

Short Tray ULT.jpg

Bog Standard at the Moment. 6 Speed Manual (AISIN) with the LEO. A Mate up North is heading down this way soon and wants to swap a set of 18's ( as Pictured) and I have it in my Noggin to Shorten the Tray a smidge....My Daughter Photoshopped it all for me, so what's the general concensus? Whaddya Reckon?

Last edited:

Heavy VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt V6
Keep the long tray. Extend the chassis so the rear axle is in the center of the tray.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
The tray size is about 1.6m x 1.6m. Shorten it to 1.4 or 1.3 keeps it a useful size. Most pallets are roughly standard 1.2m x 1.2m (it’s slightly less but 1.2m is a better figure to work off). By allowing a pallet to fit, it remains a useful size because everything is moved on pallets, meaning boxes etc, rural goods, all pack well onto a pallet.

I have 19’s and think 18’s would have been far more practical.
If you are on dirt roads a bit, 17’s.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Tbh it looks way better standard it first pic...just colour code red toolbox or whatever it is & clean up roof rack bases.

The more sidewall you have like with 15's the better the ride on rough roads & less likely to damage...also easier to find another chaser rim to replace.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
They will be 16’s on the Crewman.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
16's???? yuck put hotwires on it!!!

Knew that utes got 15x7 chasers as we all wanted them to put slicks on for racing.

Will still look better as cleaned up stocker imho

whiteknight66

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VZ Crewman
Thanks all for the Opinions. Yeah the Tray will stay as is. As for the Rims, A mate has offered the VY SS Rims ( 17's) as we are on a Property.
Will try to keep it as Factory as Possible. The Insurance company I went with told me it is now Insured for 10K and rising. The Rising part sounds good , so, yeah, Nice and Stock will be the Go..( Apart from the VY Rims) Cheers again all. great the get others opinions. :)

Interior Updates: The Wagon PC1 had Factory Black Surrounds for the Dash....The Crewie...inherited them from the Daughters Wagon heh heh

Attachments

• BEFORE.jpg
    BEFORE.jpg
    430.7 KB · Views: 233
  • AFTER.JPG
    AFTER.JPG
    399.7 KB · Views: 200
Last edited: