Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Crewman

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I was going to post, last night, there is still loads of factory seat fabric left to buy new. I had a browse and could find heaps but not sure which trim type you’ll have.

However the cost of some of these is easily touching on what a motor trimmer would charge and the quality of what they can do is far in excess of the factory quality and durability.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Changing the seat covers is a possibility, but the velour is glued to the steel frame underneath. I'm not sure I want to go down that path.
One big problem is that I don't really know what I have in terms of parts used when it was manufactured. Whether or not it is VZ or VY. Difficult to find a service manual too.
The VZ's I changed were not glued to the frame, they simply unclipped from the frame and reclipped on the other frame.
And with regards to the air bags in the seat, if there were no bags, there was a polystyrene block in it's place, so again, easy to remove the block and fit the bag and wire if necessary, just have to remember where the wire went so as to not pinch the wire in the frame.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
None were glued. They attach via a Velcro in the seams of the foams.

When the cover is removed there can be a sticky orange texture to the surface but that’s not glue. It’s the fabric foam backing breaking down, much the same as occurs in the roof linings. (Which is glued).