Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz dials is there such a thing?

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
Ive only ever seen ONE on ebay, havent seen it since.

I decided to just go VZ SS cluster and get Phreddy from ASR (forum sponsor)to reprogam the kays.

I found out when your not fussed about how many kays are on a speedo you can get one fairly cheap, because most people try to buy them with roughly the same number of kays as their car as you "cant reprogram them". I got one with 33 000 kays on it for 200 bucks and got greg to reprogram it with 130 000 kays on it to match the number of kays on my car.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
only the vy sv8's had the coloured dials as youve shown, which that cluster to fit isnt compatible, i have seen aftermarket backgrounds like the one you showed, but generally they dont look that great in my eyes,

better off buying a three window display, or an ss as torquative said,

also if you buy one, make sure it has the blue plug, grey plugs are for vys and wont work correctly

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
you can get vz ss and monaro coloured dials, you would have to get the whole cluster though as Torquative and andyman said. and they do say ss and monaro on them

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
you can get vz ss and monaro coloured dials, you would have to get the whole cluster though as Torquative and andyman said. and they do say ss and monaro on them
i can get a monaro one cheap but it says monaro on it will look out of place dont u think in a vz exec? thats why i asked i want a calais one but its impossible to find it, thanxs for the help guys

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
i dont think it will, if you really want the coloured gauges, having monaro written on it would not look out of place, most people wouldnt even pick it.

if thats your only concern you would be mad not to get it, especially if its cheap:thumbsup:

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Mate, ive been searching for months now trying to source a Calais 3 window cluster but to no avail.
Ive come across a few HSV 3 window clusters on Ebay the last one that sold went for over $300 bugger that. The one before that went for about $220 but the sale ended early.

As naf33n said it doesnt really matter if u have Monaro written on ur cluster & u have a exec.
The HSV clusters have HSV written on them & ive got an SV6.
Like urself i do like the look of the Calais cluster, which is black & so is most of my interior.

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
ok then cool i will go for it guys thanxs for the advice, same deal with the monaro get the blue plug?

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
ok then cool i will go for it guys thanxs for the advice, same deal with the monaro get the blue plug?

Yep, remember Blue=VZ, Grey=VY