Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Diff ratios

Dizzy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz ss thunder Ute l98 6-speed 6ltr
Hi guys, I’m at a loss my 06 vz ss thunder l98 manuel is very decent on take off but want it quicker, on 105km in 5th 2100rpm and 105km in 6th 1500rpm, unless I’m changing into 6th at 130k + it just drones and I feel lose of power, I’m told to go 3:9, what do you think, I want to sort it before my maf tune, think it’s stock besides factory cam and a twin3” xforce, hi flow cats & wildcat extractors, any opinions

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
Hi guys, I’m at a loss my 06 vz ss thunder l98 manuel is very decent on take off but want it quicker, on 105km in 5th 2100rpm and 105km in 6th 1500rpm, unless I’m changing into 6th at 130k + it just drones and I feel lose of power, I’m told to go 3:9, what do you think, I want to sort it before my maf tune, think it’s stock besides factory cam and a twin3” xforce, hi flow cats & wildcat extractors, any opinions
it will have 3.45:1 in it now, i'd go 3.7 or 3.9 depending on how much time you spend at 110kph+

Dizzy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz ss thunder Ute l98 6-speed 6ltr
So u reckon 3:45, I’m leaning towards 3:9, I’m always on the highway for hours a day to and from work I do 10000k’s every sort of 2 months, I picked my car up after getting exhaust system installed, it sounds so deep now, I’m happy but the acceleration does feel abit flat at low rpm, iv also got to take into account that I’m booked in to Hitorque in December to get a fogger nos wet injection installed, I looked at turbo’s, and my preference is a supercharger but it’s all around 10k, no’s is $3k a comp cam kit is $4000 installed so I went for the nos have to pay a bit extra for them to try and hide it well but hope it’s worth it, do u have any suggestions on what I could do to my l98 ss thunder vz Ute 6-speed