Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz ecu help!!

Callum433

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 vz sv6 manual
Hey guys, so I own an optioned out 2004 vz SV6 manual. Not very common as I've come to realise but need clarification with these dang ecus. Sadly there is basically no information and if there is, no one is sharing or it's hard to find. My ecu is basically fried. Fuel gauge error occasionally basically doesn't start most days without disconnecting the ecu and reconnecting with the key off. And cyl 5 inj circut is down. I've been told the usual 1k+ to fix it and really don't want to have to spend more than I payed for the car at a shop to fix all the issues (it also needs timing chains). Now I'm an apprentice mechanic at a crash place so doing the work myself is fine I just can't find any info on what I need to replace/fix the ecu. One place tells me I need a complete set (witch for my car basically don't exist now) and others tell me I just need any old ecu? Can someone just tell me what I need to get? I know of an SV6 auto ecu kit but no clue as to weather they will work or not coz there isn't any info. Can someone please shed some light into This, can i buy n auto ecu and reprogram? Do I have to find the exact ecu? Greatly appreciated in advance

Callum433

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 vz sv6 manual
Do you know how much they charge to get fixed? My ecu is numbered 814 witch basically comes up nothing on the internet. Funny coz I bought the commy as I thought it would be cheap to fix and heaps of em lol

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
Do you know how much they charge to get fixed? My ecu is numbered 814 witch basically comes up nothing on the internet. Funny coz I bought the commy as I thought it would be cheap to fix and heaps of em lol
dont know how much they charge but must be a lot cheaper than holden and commodores can cost you a arm and leg like any car if you dont do a search for what ever you need

Callum433

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 vz sv6 manual
That's true. That website doesn't even list my ecu numbers but I've chucked them an email explaining it all. Hopefully they get back to me Monday and can help. I'm getting a full kit from mace for the timing chains in preparation for much beefier mods soon. Forged internals, fi, cams and all those good things