Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz Exce says check power trans on start up

vkcalaislover

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ Exec
just wondering if anyone knows why check power trans keeps coming up on my screen nearly every time i start the car . it makes the car run really bad and it wont rev until you turn the car off and start it again . any advice would be great thanks

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
hrmm gee thats a toughy maybe take it to holden to check why the check power train light is coming. could be several reasons either way the ecu is trying to tell you something needs to be looked at without a scan tool you can't self diagnose.

Escape-The-Fate

HSV, i just want one
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, M6
check power train msg usally results in a faulty c02 sensor..take it back to holden and get them to look at it, just a question have you got an exhaust system on it?

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
an oxy sensor isn't going to stop the car from reving.

vkcalaislover

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ Exec
check power train msg usally results in a faulty c02 sensor..take it back to holden and get them to look at it, just a question have you got an exhaust system on it?

no it doesnt have a exhaust system its completely standard.

damos

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Holden Calais
I just had that some problem happen and I have an exhaust system any ideas at all mate