Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Exec Radio Antenna Stops Partway

Ausdiver99

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
My radio antenna now stops partially extended, not enough to pull in FM stations clearly. There are no mast controls on the single disk head. Anyone know how to get it to "remember" to go all the way up?

Auke Fischer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
Clean gently with Inox spray and rag. Carefull not to bend. Try and slide all tubes again lubricate with Inox. When all part move free. Turn radio off. When antenna has retrackted back on again. Repeat untill it fully extends.

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Check it has not got a slight bend in it as this can cause them to not fully extend/retract.

HoldenOnn

Roll Cage Territory
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais Series 2 HBD V6 Sedan 2004
Agreed with the 1st reply. Although I use stainless/alloy polish on mine in my Calais as the same thing occassionally happens to me. Sometimes you need to be a little forceful and pull hard to unstick the aerial and then you can go about cleaning it. Goodluck.

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6, mods(susp brakesetc...)
try cleaning it OR replace rope and mast from holden if its a damaged mast
or if its clicking when it stops it might be a new aerial motor (comes with new mast)

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
It says in my owner's handbook not to lubricate the antenna mast. I just use some Autosol occasionally to keep it nice and shiny, but be sure to remove any excess.

Ausdiver99

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
All good now, thanks guys; pulled it up to full length, cleaned the mast with some warm soapy water (aka car wash) and gave it a very light wipe with Inox and it rose to full length quick as!