Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz exec suspension?

Escape-The-Fate

HSV, i just want one
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, M6
ok guys and gals i know there is alot of posts on this topic but i couldnt find the right answers so here goes...

ok looking at getting my '05 vz exec lowerd soon and need some questions answering..first of all to get it sitting flat can i put sl's all round or do i have to go sl's front and ssl's rear??

and eventually ill be getting a set of 19's for it but the bank funds dont justify that at the moment wondering if i will rub on the rears with ssl's??

and lastly ive heard here and there that the vz's already come with an adjustable rear end in terms of camber..someone please clarify that up for me because so far my shopping list is:

springs
struts
suspension
and maybe a camber kit if needed?

cheers all..and anything else you would like to let me know would be appreciated

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
your best bet would be go to a suspesion shop, and tell them where you want it to sit, they will work out the best spring to get it to that height.

i personally had 19s with sl in the front and ssl in the rear, the rear did sit noticably lower then the front. and that was just springs swapped over, but i had fe2 in my sv6, so not sure about and exec

squawk

squawk
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive, A4
the exec don't have fe2 that i know of, check the ID plate under the hood and have a look my exec says STD

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
the exec don't have fe2 that i know of, check the ID plate under the hood and have a look my exec says STD

yep all standard, thats why i wasnt sure about what to do about changing shocks, with fe2 you dont really have to change them when lowering, but the STD suspesion may be different

Tuttle

stupidity reigns supreme!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
might be bit of a noob question but what exactly is the difference between the STD on the exec and the fe2

OBR1EN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore
FE2 sits about 1.5 inches lower than STD Suspension supposedly. also shorter shocks than standard.

I have wats meant to be SL in the front and SSL in rear of mine and evens it out a bit still not low enough though needs SSSL.

Heres a pic to show you how it sits on 19's mate and i havent changed shocks or anything I had the wheels on for a year now and the camber is Fd.. if i was you get rear gaurds rolled and camber kit. They have adjustment but to do it properly you need to upgrade to a full 4point kit. Cheers

60771d1236406153-my-vz-executive-3.jpg

Escape-The-Fate

HSV, i just want one
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, M6
cheers for the picture OBRIEN,

i seen your right up in the post your ride section..i reckon your car looks sweet and was thinking about getting the ss-v 19's and lowering like you have...so you think if i keep standard shocks just get super lows in the front and super supers in the rear with a 4 point camber kit should be all sweet?

OBR1EN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore
All depends how much you want to spend mate I reckon just get some rims get same springs as whats in mine at the moment if you like the height and yer to save you cash in long term it a camber kit fitted and a full wheel alignment. I reckon your looking at about 750 - 800 bucks for a shop to lower inc springs and camber kit drive in drive out. Let me no if u want the part numbers for my springs

Tuttle

stupidity reigns supreme!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
is the height the only difference between STD and FE2?

What would i be looking for if i wanted a stiffer ride, i currently have stock suspension

OBR1EN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore
Lowered springs mate stiffens up your ride for fairly cheap or you could get serious and go adjustable coil overs all round but your getting in to $$$$ then.