Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz executive acceleration

vzexec04

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 vz executive 198kw - xaust xtractors
Hi guys this is my first post here so bare with me... I have a 08/2004 vz executive plugs have been replaced but not coils, I also have a cai, custom exhaust, lowered suspension and extractors...

Now for the problem... From a stop If I accelerate hard it just doesn't go anywhere for between 4 - 10 Seconds and sounds like its going to stall but under general to light acceleration you wouldn't know there is a problem..

Does anyone know what the problem is or could be or point me in the right direction?

Last edited:

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
When was the last time the fuel filter was replaced.
And for that matter, the air filter replaced and the MAF sensor cleaned.

Could be starving for fuel under load.

If all that is ok, try the throttle position sensor (TPS).

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
Did it just start happening or has it always happened?
Does it shudder at all when you're taking off? could be missing? i had missing from some of my plugs before, never brought up a code but at certain points of acceleration would shudder a lot and not go anywhere then pick up again like no problem.

vzexec04

Reaction score
Members Ride
It only shudders when at a dead stop and then putting my foot to the floor on the accelerator then it just comes out of it and takes off.. I took it to one mechanic who said it may need a tune because of the cai, extractors and exhaust but other mechanics say its the plugs or leads or coils but the 04 executives don't have leads its just got wires not your standard leads and its not the wires because I've unplugged each wire one at a time while the car is running and every wire to the plug is working... Air filter was washed only 2 weeks ago plugs replaced 1 month ago.. and also it is just over due for a service about 150km and the fuel filter was replaced at last service about 6 months ago

vzexec04

Reaction score
Members Ride
**update
Problem has been fixed so far so good, I literally unplugged and cleaned every sensor I could find, unplugged every fuse i could find and cleaned with a rubber/eraser, disconnected the battery for 5 mins to reset ecu...
Just took it for a spin on the highway testing it from a dead stop then putting my foot to the floor and ta da no shuddering AT ALL and also cleaner acceleration and gets to 200 around 6 seconds faster!!!! Hope this helps others who've had same or similar problems... And thank you for your Help

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Good to here it's ok.
Although, it would have been good to find out what the problem actually was.

vzexec04

Reaction score
Members Ride
I actually think it was a combination of 3 things..
For one the MAF was filthy so I cleaned it with CRC MAF CLEANER
Secondly when I was unplugging the wires to check the plugs the l/h middle wire to the plug was only half on so I pushed it back in
Thirdly there is a small hose from the intake going under the intake manifold it had a hole in it so luckily I had a spare and just replaced it...

Also believe it or not but rubbers/erasers are actually good for cleaning sensitive metal electrical components like fuses

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Well done mate.
Good to hear you didn't go spending heaps of dosh trying to figure out what was wrong.