Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Executive *Auto* Exhaust

dingdong555

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 2005 Executive
Hey guys,

Looking at adding a bit of noise to my car so I can actually hear it take off :) But, I want it to stay within reasonable noise limits and legal if possible!

Before you reply, yes, I've searched but haven't found an exact answer to my question.

I'm unsure as to what system I should get, basically I want a bolt on kit, without extractors.

REDBACK TWIN 2.5" CAT BACK EXHAUST VT - VZ COMMODORE (eBay item 170552847953 end time 02-Feb-11 19:00:21 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats
TWIN 2.5" CAT BACK SPORTS EXHAUST VT VX VY VZ HOLDEN (eBay item 360310646685 end time 14-Jan-11 17:01:24 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

However, the redback will drone, the other won't. Because I have an auto, it changes up gears relatively quick and once I'm cruising, it's at low RPM so I guess the drone would be "good"? (as in, supply an exhaust note the whole time you're driving) or would it get very annoying after a while? So go with the SuperCat?

Also, are those prices reasonable or should I be looking elsewhere?

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
anything cheap (under $500) is going to drone period.

How bout you look at the other 9 million threads on this very topic, you aint robinson crusoe.

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
not another exhaust thread.. everyone says, 'i searched, but couldnt find the answer' yet i have seen the answer several times lol...

If you want cat back for a reasonable price, single 2.5" system is your answer, otherwise i think your really paying too much for something thst wont do too much. If you want performance on the other hand and money is no object, Pace Maker Extractors and everyone seems to harp on about the twin 2.25 system, this is what Not_an_abba_fan does, apparently his exhausts are pretty good. I have also heard great things about a single 3" with a vortech muffler.. both sound and power, dunno how true this is though and VERY expensive too

dingdong555

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 2005 Executive

dingdong555

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 2005 Executive
Yeah, i couldn't find any clips of the car driving though, which is what I want, as I don't sit in the driveway and rev the car. :)

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
go to your local exhaust place and ask them, tell them what you want and they should be able to hook you up with a good system. preferably go to a good known performance exhaust shop. i called Castle Hill Performance Exhaust and they recommend a single 2.5, even on the sv6

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
I got Pacemaker Extractors + 2.5inch with hotdog (customer weilded up at an exhaust shop)

Doesn't sound like the other V6's with their damn redback systems every 2nd p plater.