Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ executive sedan has a bad vibeation in the rear end

petes vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz 2004
Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me out.
I have a VZ auto commodore which has a bad vibration whenever you go over 70 kms p/ hr it feels like it's coming from the rear end . Then last night it started to make a knocking noise on the right rear after going around a corner like a wheel bearing knock but today there's no knocking sound.

The car also seems to have sagged on the left rear as I can't get my hand between the tyre and the gard on the left rear but I have no trouble getting my hand between the tyre and the gard on the right rear.

The car has been lowered it also has 18" tyres and rims on it and it's also done about 170 kms any help and idea's would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

DeadlySphinx

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive
If it's sagged then it's probably due to a collapsed shock absorber.
For the vibration, it could be a few different things, the center bearing, diff, drive shaft, axel or wheel bearing.

I haven't replaced rear bearings before, only front, but this was how i was shown as a possible diagnosis for a stuffed front wheel bearing:
Jack the car up, make sure the handbrake is off since its your rear, place your hands at the 12 and 6 positions on the tire and push in/pull out alternatively to see if the wheel has any lateral movement, then the 9 and 3 positions and do the same.
If the bearing is stuffed, usually there will be a slight movement and you will probably hear it clunking.

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
I would say check your springs, a sagged shock will not lower a car. If you remove your shocks and lower the car it will still sit at the same height.

Also rebalance the rear wheels, cheapest option and then if it still there, check other things like your tailshaft couplings and bushes.