Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Exhaust Muffler Removal HELP!

Red SV6

Alloytech
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore SV6 2006
hi guys i have got a 2006 vz SV6 alloytech 190 and i was just wondering i want my car to sound better because to me it sounds weak and i cant afford an exhaust system, whats the go with removing the muffler? do i lose any power? fuel costs? i know it will be droney but idc and when i remove it will it be illegally loud for vic?
Any answers will be much appreciated!

Christinkler13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Calais
Honestly mate just save up for an exhaust. Pretty sure removing the rear resonator might make it over the noise limit. Just having a guess though. The drone isn't exactly a nice sound, it might make it sound less "weak" but your just creating another **** sound. Not an abba fan might bless you with his wisdom along with more experienced users. Just my experience dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
My VZ had no rear muffler when I bought it and it sounded like ****. Was loud as hell (very much illegal) and droned constantly. I got a 12" resonator put where the standard muffler would be and it so much nicer. A little bit louder and nicer sounding than stock without being in your face and attracting a lot of attention. Was also only $120 fitted at the local Mr Muffler.

D

Don123

I never stop being amazed. WHY would you want more noise??? I love my vz sv6 noise or no noise actually, it's sooooo quiet I LOVE IT!!! The other day my engine was running and I just didn't feel it or heard it so went to start again. Serenity now.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Have you ever considered the nuisance and annoyance that loud exhausts have on other people!!! If so why do it !!

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 Heron SS Thunder Ute M6
Do what Sandman suggested mate..sounds a cheap option,then if you don't like it you haven't wasted much coin....

Hrd455

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz v6 ute
Im sick of all these exhaust threads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
I don't think NAAF will be bothered to answer.