Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz exhaust rubbers

Ray De Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
SII SSV REDLINE M6
I've done a search but only comes up with older models.

Hi guys, as title suggests, how do I remove the two rear muffler figure of 8 rubbers? They have some sort of stopper on the end off two brackets. I've sprayed then with WD40 and they started to twist (by hand) but then grinded to a stop. It's not a nut so can't use a spanner, it looks like it has two tabs on sides but I can't get them off!

Could someone please advise me on best method on getting these off? I have too much robble at rear and it's sitting too low. Old rubbers cracking and very stretched.

Thanks in advance.

Luke52

Reaction score
Members Ride
'07 VZ Acclaim wagon.
I tried some long-nosed pliers to bend the tabs, then slide them off, but that didn't succeed for me. I then just got a flat-head screwdriver, jammed it underneath the tabs and bent them upwards, which allowed them to slide straight off.

Ray De Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
SII SSV REDLINE M6
Cheers for the quick response.

Ok so force is needed to get them off? But once the tab/stopper is forced off, how do you get it back on? As that is in place to stop the rubbers from sliding off the bracket...

P.s You live near me...

Luke52

Reaction score
Members Ride
'07 VZ Acclaim wagon.
I do believe I just used the pliers again to force 'em back on.

And if that's the case, send me a PM if you want me to pop over and lend a hand.

Luke52

Reaction score
Members Ride
'07 VZ Acclaim wagon.
In fact, I think I have some of my old rubbers which I replaced with a different style when I did my exhaust. They're still in good nick, and you can have them if it saves you a few bucks buying new ones.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The tabs on the clips lock into the groove on the hanger. Bend the tabs up so the clip is loose, then just slide it off.

To put them back on, bend the tabs back down a bit then push them over the hanger until the tabs click into the grooves again.

Ray De Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
SII SSV REDLINE M6
Cheers Not_An_Abba_Fan for that useful information, will have a go.