Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Frequently Asked Questions

JKG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
QUESTION..
My car now idles really rough, it feels like its missing or something? Also when I'm going up a hill or slowly accelerating it jumps and splutters and carries on like it's missing.. It's okay if you hold it flat and get the revs up high, but I look like an idiot if I have to keep driving like that lol. Can anyone give me insight as to whether they've heard of this before or what it may be? Cheers

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
Easy. If it misses at idle that's the easiest time for some diagnosis. What to do: while the car is running, unplug one coil pack at a time, if the missing gets worse, plug it back in and move to the next coil. Once you found the coil that is bad, you know it's either that coil, spark plug or injector. To eliminate the coil, turn car off and swap the bad coil with one of the good ones and see if the miss is still on the same cylinder. If not, it's the coil. If it is, it's the spark plug or injector. Proceed the same step with the spark plug, that will determine what needs replacing

MrVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Sv8 T56
king springs. everyone knows king springs are perfect for holden's.
just go down to autobarn and they'll supply and install it, at a cost of course.

please for the love of your car get new springs, a friend of mine just got the ol' angle grinder out.. to many problems to list after that,

awesome thread answered alot of questions for me thumbs up

viccib

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Executive Sedan
is there any info you can put on this thread about removing the side mirrors and the covers for a VZ executive sedan?? any help much appreciated. thanks.

KrisDeagle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina 3.6L V6
photo(2).jpg

Is this my sump plug?

KrisDeagle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina 3.6L V6
Cheers. I thought it might have been but wasn't 100% sure...seems quite straight forward to access, I like it.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Cheers. I thought it might have been but wasn't 100% sure...seems quite straight forward to access, I like it.

It is , its a lot easier on my SV6 , being a wiry bastard , I can wriggle under no probs , actually , I can reach it without really getting to far under it .

Gregor- 1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss , Vz 3.6 , Vx
What is the easiest way to remove & replace my alloytec engine in my Vz , I have removed heaps of Commodore engines Vl Vr Vs VT Vx Vu , I only need to remove & replace the V6 Alloytec Engine , I have a 2 ton engine crane & stands good work shop , whats is the best way to do this just unbolt every thing on the engine & leave the Auto gearbox in it just unbolt the torque converter threw the starter motor hole & push it back onto the Auto or drop the whole K-Frame unbolt strut tops Engine & auto gearbox the lot & wheel it out , i,m a bit stumped as the best & easiest way to replace the alloytec engine , the new Engine i have is Complete with loom every thing , Could some one please help as to what way to do this , Thank you Greg

Micko666

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 vz commodore
Hi everyone i have 2005 vz and i have a brake problem the problem is that i have no brakes i have replaced the master brake cylinder with no change i am thing that its might be the brake booster dose any know what it might be ....... my brake pads are fine

Last edited: