Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Front Bumper Flex

shitheaptogoldheap

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ Acclaim
I bought my first car recently as I have just got my P1 license here in Vic, a 2004 VZ Sedan Acclaim. I was sitting in front of it giving it a good clean and taking off the mud flaps when I noticed one of the "fog light holders" (where fog lights would be on other models) seemed a bit loose. Upon closer inspection I uncovered that the left side of my front bumper looks like its not being supported properly, I am worried this is making too large of a gap on the underside of my headlights too aswell as not fitting properly, I had to pop the side of the bumper back in with my hands yesterday so it would look flush. I have included pictures from both sides for comparison:

Left
UUBBmIr.jpg

Right
RwlqEzv.jpg

I have tried to push it back in myself with my hands but it kept popping back out. Looking forward to your solutions guys. :D

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
These screen shots from the manual will give an idea about how the bumper is held in place. The long retainer clip ((A-A) profile on page 2) sits in line with the base of the headlight, the retainers are also holding the bar behind the number plate section. The lower side clips into the wheelhouse liner. Your bumper may be twisted from a small bingle. I would remove it and see if any of the retainers are broken, they often brake, then reinstall. It can be done by one person but is easier with two.

76B4FFA5-D96E-4E8F-B003-E1B290D274B1.jpeg E6FDEEB3-EF07-4893-A064-F423F933799B.jpeg

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
This pic will show you how to remove the bumper retainers

0BC5A33B-09A0-4802-8223-799285B9D464.jpeg

shitheaptogoldheap

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ Acclaim
You're a legend mate. Thanks heaps. I'll go have a look at it now.

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
I've had my bumper pop out like that if it gets stuck on the lip of a kerb or something, if you're careful you can just push it back in without having to take anything apart.