Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz fuel calibration

Justin73

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ One Tonner
Can the SoE or other software recalibrate the fuel guage on the VZ, after replacing the fuel sender unit.

V8fairy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore wagon
I have this or a similar issue, VX wagon with LS1

Replaced my fuel pump/ sender about a year ago, and ever since, fuel gauge operates normally - until I get to a bit below half a tank, at which point it drops slower until it gets to a bit over quarter, and wont go any further. Low fuel light never comes on (except on startup) even if I have run it near empty. Did so the other day, filled car right up, took 74.8 litres, yet gauge still showing just over 1/4 before I did. I believe these are a 75 litre tank?

I have the SOE package, if I can recalibrate the sender with that, would be very helpful

caaf

Reaction score
Website
www.aurfscan.com.au
Members Ride
VYII Equipe S/wagon V6
I'd first test the resistive values of the sender. Could be unlucky enough to have a dicky one?

Didn't think SOE writes/stores anything besides sending clear codes.

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
VT/VX had **** fuel gauge calibrations, every single VT/VX i've plugged into has needed updating, havent found a VY/VZ yet that hasnt matched body diagnostics for the fuel calibrations.

Also the VT/VX had 2 different voltage fuel senders 12 and 18 plus people tend to have a habit/dodgy sales person putting super 6 units into the v8s etc cause they have excess stock.