Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
18 to 20 today right after a fill up

Damn SS following me home :bang:

Just dont ask about average speed :whistling
lol dont ya hate that lol

Dave Q

Lumina
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
Its pretty good, it out-peforms my old toyota v6 thats for sure, I reckon 15% which is massive over the long run.

And of course, how you drive it makes a big difference.

hingo1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
It makes a huge difference in how you drive it as to what your average is going to be. I can easily keep my combined average (approx 95% city + 5% highway driving) at 10.0L/100Km. Whenever I drive I always aim for under 10L. Its good because it stops you from driving like an idiot and you can get so much more mileage on a tank and save a bit of money as well. Whenever I take it into Holden for a service, it comes back with a blown out average that I have to work back down :(

In comparison, my combined for my old VR Calais was 10.6 and I think I drove more conservative in my VR than I do with my VZ. So really the Alloytec can be a very economic engine. My dad drives an Ecotec VY and gets 15L/100k towing a caravan! His figures without the caravan are ridiculously low.

Dave Q

Lumina
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
It makes a huge difference in how you drive it as to what your average is going to be. I can easily keep my combined average (approx 95% city + 5% highway driving) at 10.0L/100Km. Whenever I drive I always aim for under 10L. Its good because it stops you from driving like an idiot and you can get so much more mileage on a tank and save a bit of money as well. Whenever I take it into Holden for a service, it comes back with a blown out average that I have to work back down :(

In comparison, my combined for my old VR Calais was 10.6 and I think I drove more conservative in my VR than I do with my VZ. So really the Alloytec can be a very economic engine. My dad drives an Ecotec VY and gets 15L/100k towing a caravan! His figures without the caravan are ridiculously low.

Ive done the same test.

Say from work to home, I could never beat 2 litres in the Toyota, I can usually beat that in the Lumina.

It can be fun driving and trying to save fuel, a challenge.

15L with a caravan, thats pretty amazing.

jonwilliams76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Tried the ECM Computer RESET last night seem's to have helped, now fuel economny is down below 11 / 100 and dropping...

squawk

squawk
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive, A4
in town driving do you guys drive in D or 3 in the autos, when its in over drive the revs are very low and i have been told its not the best for the transmission, has anyone else herd of this?

jonwilliams76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Just did 2 hole mod.... will be interesting to see if the fuel economy comes down.

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
18 to 20 today right after a fill up

Damn SS following me home :bang:

Just dont ask about average speed :whistling

I dont even get figures like that when i give my SV6 a floggin', worst ive had is 16l/100km