Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

jonwilliams76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Hi guys,

Recently purchased a VZ Executive seemed to be getting bad fuel economy. Looked up Holden spec’s they say that I should get 11/100km around town... but I only seem to get 18/100km....

Wondering whether this is normal economy or do I need to get it tuned or something…?

Also will putting an exhaust on it improve its economy or make it worse...?

gjvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagz
but I only seem to get 18/100km....

Wondering whether this is normal economy or do I need to get it tuned or something…?

Also will putting an exhaust on it improve its economy or make it worse...?

Whoa, I thought 14/100 on my VZ wagon was bad!, I think most are getting between 10-12 city and 7-10 on highway.

Exhaust , tune and CAI will definately bring it down, that what i will be doing soon.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Yep - something wrong with it. Avg 11.0

kinga

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
i get around 14 in my wagon, depends on your driving style. I have a bit of a lead foot, when my wife drives it she gets around 11 or 12, so it is completely subjective. I get around 9 highway driving.
If you are gunning it at every light change 18 wouldnt be out of the question

pk2k78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Are you working the formula correctly? How many kms do you get from a tank? Sure the handbrake isn't on? ;)

Tuttle

stupidity reigns supreme!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
I gt around 12 around town and i thought that was bad,

when was it last serviced

Fishman88

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais 190KW A5 CHE TUNED
I get raound 14 i use semi auto alot haha itz fun n round 10 prob can do better on freeways maybe u shulda put some better fuel like bp unltimate i find dat gud better then shell vpower. Or maybeur fuel system need to be cleaned/serviced. Or a service in GENERAL [sparks/fuel filter/oil.......] hope dat helps abit

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
ive had mine sitting on 7.4L/100km (dipped to 7.2 on occasions) on the freeway the whole way from canberra, down the federal and hume highway, around town is usually around 12-14L but i do small km's in town, and they are short cold trips,

all depends on your driving, the kind of driving you do, and the environment you drive in, also dont judge the economy by the computer, its not usually accurate until you get a bit of driving behind it to get a long average out of it

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Whoa, I thought 14/100 on my VZ wagon was bad!, I think most are getting between 10-12 city and 7-10 on highway.

Exhaust , tune and CAI will definately bring it down, that what i will be doing soon.

acutrally highway driving and cruise control with the exhuast will bring it down, city driving with the full exhuast (extractors ect) will be higher