Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Fuel Gauge Problem

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
mainpath there's no real issue so long as u remove the bolt if it's still floating around there. but it's just an annoying thing holden failed to fix year after year! they should replace the intake pendilums as it's a design fault.

Danoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 06 Exec
mainpath there's no real issue so long as u remove the bolt if it's still floating around there. but it's just an annoying thing holden failed to fix year after year! they should replace the intake pendilums as it's a design fault.

Its called a PLENUM! WTF is a pendilum?

Exidor

I come in peace.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Used Martian spacecraft
Had the Plenum off a few times now
Funny. I never noticed a drilling for a bolt where that hole is.
Just thought it was there to drop the odd socket into. Then
start cursing!
Can anyone explain or hazard a guess why the hole is there?

uteman

Ford Rules
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 Ute
Comin Up For Two Years Now

Its been nearly 2 years since i got rid of my VZ S Ute never been happier no drama with the XR6 seen the poor bastard who bought my VZ again gauge still up the shuyte.

Sad to say after buying Holdens all my life and the last 4 new ones, the after sales service and lies I had to put up with about the gauge never again will I go back.

And I dont want to start a Holden V Ford thing either just my experience I'm commenting on .

Attachments

• Utte.jpg
    Utte.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 325

slidways

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz acclaim
OK so let me see if im getting this right!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This thread has been going for 4 years now with sum 18 pages angry holden like myself and still no one has come up with a solution for this? I mean there has to be atleast 10000 vz commos running around out the wif dodgy fuel setups. This is a gold mine for sum smart arsed electronics wizz kid to make a fortune. I mean if they sold sum kit that would fix this problem 4 like 100 bucks every1 would buy 1 and 10000 x 100 that sounds like a pretty good market to me. NUFF SAID

2005vzute

Djabringyagrogalong
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2005 VZ Ute M6
hahaha, ^^ i tried to be that wizz kid...i thought i'd take the fuel guge out of my tank, spray the thing with contanct cleaner, do a resistance check, check it over the next few drives...i failed:(, i took apart my cluster to see if anything was buggered in there...i failed again:(...my fuel gauge shits me so much though, holden just don't cut the grade like they used to:(

6spd six

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz ute
ute immobilized

Vz ute says very low fuel then fuelguage error contact dealer been reading and have established that I would need to bridge the terminals 30 and 87 with the starter relay out has anyone done this and how was it done thanks

MikesCalais

Trust me, I'm a Doctor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International
Ve's have fuel gauge problems too :) well my 08 model does anyway!! Holden still have no idea. My fuel gauge seems to be doing really weird stuff though, different to most of the storys in this thread, but still basically the same thing. Inaccurate reading! I have no idea how much fuel I actually have in my tank at the moment

VZLuminaSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Lumina SS
Sad to read this thread but somehow glad I'm not going crazy. Basically worked out that when the 'low fuel' warning buzzez (need to remove that annoyance) I have 20l left. Drove 100kms yesterday on 'very low fuel' warning and filled up with 69l this morning. Spoke to the GM agents here who want to charge and arm and leg to recalibrate the gauge by reinstalling sofware.........after readin this thread, thats not gonna happen. Seems GM here is a bad as Holden in Oz.

showxpony

Reaction score
Members Ride
Redline SSV
How can their be no fix to this? It must be something simple. My brothers VZ Calais has just recently started showing an erratic fuel gauge. It's got 135,xxxkms on it and has been fitted with a new fuel pump and fuel filter.

I figure temporarily, you can calculate the fuel used by the cars average fuel consumption (i'm not going to trust what it says now, but from past experience when it has been working properly, I have never seen it average more than 10.5L/100km. So to be safe, I'll say the magic number is 11L/100km.

The tank size is approximately 73L. Now by using your trip meter (which you will need to resest everytime you fill up a tank of petrol), you will be able to cover 663kms at absolute maximum before the tank is empty. Thus, once you hit 600 odd kms, go fill up.

For those interested, the calculations go like this:
11L/100km = 0.11.
73L/0.11 = 663kms.

Last edited: