Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Fuel Gauge Problem

old mans ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Ute
Fuel gauge fix official - All VZ owners to receive a free VE )

The August issue of Wheels has two interesting quotes

Fuel Tank

Holden claims to have cured Commodores chronic fuel gauge innacuracy with the VE, thanks to smarter pump and sensor systems

and

"The 73 litre saddle-type tank requires dual fuel pump pickups and dual fuel sensors, but Holden's engineers promise vastly better gauge efficiency and greater useable capacity"

They also promise to still love you in the morning.

Funny how the gauge innacuracy and little tank syndromes were not acknowledged by Holden with VZ and earlier until it becomes an "improvement" in the VE.

So it looks like the only way Holden have been able to fix this problem is to build a new model and to give one to every VZ owner with a vehicle still under warranty.

I am watching my PO Box eagerly waiting for advice from Holden to come and pick up my new fuel gauge, sensors and fuel tank which has had to be oackaged in a VE.

Advice is that your old gauge and fuel tank, packed in a thing called a VZ will have to be mailed back to GM.

Seriously, the blatant lying and deception I have received from Holden Customer Service and Dealer Service over the past 18 months of complaints re the fuel gauge have been disgraceful.

A simple "It's a basic design fault which we can't fix" would have been preferable to the four days I have done without my vehicle while it was in for so called "upgrades". - each of which I am told was allowed less than 15 minutes by GM.

I'm afraid this is the last time GM will see me as a customer after having returned to the fold after an absence of 15 years with various European and Japanese offerings.

GM, no matter how good your VE is, you have a long way to go to change your culture of arrogant customer and warranty service.

uteman

Ford Rules
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 Ute
old mans ute said:
They also promise to still love you in the morning.

Funny how the gauge innacuracy and little tank syndromes were not acknowledged by Holden with VZ and earlier until it becomes an "improvement" in the VE.

I'm afraid this is the last time GM will see me as a customer after having returned to the fold after an absence of 15 years with various European and Japanese offerings.

I agree 100%. This is the last holden i will ever buy & this is my 4th new one & the last.

bodella

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6.0 Thunder M6
So does this mean Holden will replace the fuel tank and the fuel guage sensor in VZ Utes as long as they are still under factory warranty????. I have just bought a SS Thunder and am finding the fuel guage and how much fuel you can get in the tank is a load of bull S#$T. I havn't taken it in for it's first service yet but hopefully i dont just get the run around like a lot of other loyal Holden customers!!!!!

ChrisJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V & VZ Storm Ute
I asked the dealer to put the latest patch in at my last service and it has definitely improved to an acceptable level.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
bodella said:
So does this mean Holden will replace the fuel tank and the fuel guage sensor in VZ Utes as long as they are still under factory warranty????. I have just bought a SS Thunder and am finding the fuel guage and how much fuel you can get in the tank is a load of bull S#$T. I havn't taken it in for it's first service yet but hopefully i dont just get the run around like a lot of other loyal Holden customers!!!!!
i highly doubt they will replace the tank. just tell them that you beeive your ute is affected by the fuel gauge problem and say you want it reprogrammed and recalibrated. dont let them tell you there isnt a problem, state your facts and what you want done. i find that if you talk like you know what you are talking about they dont try take you for a ride

uteman

Ford Rules
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 Ute
Andre's SS said:
WHat do they do just reset the guage! Or update it properly?

because that would be admitting it is faulty in the first place :bang:

VZGEN4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER
Bodella my ute has been re calibrated... It's still hopeless, the most amount of fuel I've ever put in is 52L thats with needle on empty low fuel warning and with apparently only 5L in the tank according to the diagnostics menu thingo.

I'll have another go next service!

A

Andre's SS

I dont think they will ever fix that problem.

How come Ford :( HAve a fuel guage that works properly??